52. Time For Payback.

“Hey!” Haylee greeted Logan as she stepped inside his house. She was thankful that he had his own place and they could execute their plan perfectly. “I’m…umm…”

“Hi, Haylee.” He shyly smiled. “Come in, please.”

“Wow, you have a nice house.”

“Thanks, Faith helped me with the décor.” He smiled. “Umm, so what is this plan you want to execute?” He air quoted.

“Ah dude, get me something to drink first. I came all the way down from LA! I had to lie to Liam. I feel terrible."

“Hey, easy!” Logan chuckled, as he poured her some juice. “And we’re doing this for them, right? Don’t feel bad.”

“Yeah, you’re right.” She nodded in agreement. She felt at ease now. Logan was a nice guy. She hoped for their plan to work out.

The two sat down and discussed their next move over lunch. Their first step was to take Scarlett down for what she had done. When Logan heard her entire story, he was dumbfounded.

“What a bitch.” He said, his mouth open and eyebrows furrowed.

“I know, right?” Haylee shrugged. “We just have to follow her around. She is in LA right now.” She bit her lips, hoping he would agree to come.

“Okay, I can do this much for my sister.” He shrugged, a smile bouncing off his lips.

***

Haylee shut the door and sighed. She was very tired from all the work she had just done. Stalking and following Scarlett wasn’t easy. But she was very pleased with what she had gathered. Scarlett was so going down.

“Step one.” Haylee said to herself as she headed towards Liam, who was having his breakfast, ready to go to work. He didn’t look stressed. Whenever it came to work, he seemed to forget about everything else. He was looking through a file as he munched on a sandwich.

“Morning bro.” She plopped down onto the couch beside him. “I’m back.”

“Oh my God!” Liam nearly jumped at her sudden greeting, and clutched at his chest. “You’re back?”

“Umm, no. I’m still at Taylor’s place.” She referred to the lie she had to say, that she would be staying over at her friend’s place for a day. “Umm, I want to do an article in T3.”

Liam looked up at her. “Umm. No.”

“Please.” She held his arm and nagged until he let her.

“Ugh, Fine. What article?”

“About a celebrity.”

“Which celebrity?” Liam asked, but he figured out the answer himself. “Scarlett?”

Haylee nodded. “Don’t say no. Let me do it. Please. She deserves it.”

“Hayles, let it just be. She did what she had to do. I don’t want to have anything to do with her.”

“But I do.” She confidently responded. “Let me take care of this.”

Liam gave her a stern look before finally giving in. “Fine.” He sighed.

“Thank you!” She merrily cheered and hugged him. She planted a giant kiss on his head.

“Okay, okay! Get off me now.” Liam used his hands to set his hairstyle which Haylee destroyed by kissing him on the head.

She hurried into her room and came out after changing into formal pants and a blazer. She carried her laptop with her and patted Liam on the back.

“Hey! Let’s go.”

“Let us.” He rolled his eyes.

Haylee entered the office with almost equal elan as her brother, but all eyes were still on Liam as he escorted his sister into his cabin.

“Send in your article.” He gestured to the computer on the huge table, and couldn’t help rolling his eyes. What did she want to publish about Scarlett anyway, he thought.

Haylee occupied his rotating chair, while he had a seat on the edge of the table. She copied out the article from her laptop and used the office computer to publish it. When she clicked on the ‘send’ button, an evil smile grew on her lips. “Payback time, bitch.”

The next day, Scarlett was out for a jog as usual. She ran with her earphones plugged into her ears and a cleavage baring tank top and very short shorts in place. She noticed that something was definitely different today. Men would usually ogle at her and try to hit on her. Today, they looked at her in a very weird manner. It was as if they were looking down upon her. Nobody even smiled at her. She finally stopped in her tracks, annoyed.

“Okay, what is with all the weird looks on your faces?” She blurted out, demanding an answer.

A guy came forward and handed her the latest issue of T3 magazine.

“Fuck. This can’t be good.” She whispered to herself, a she flipped the pages. She knew that Liam must have published something about her getting a surgery done or something, just to defame her. But she had to avenge Faith. This would fizzle out in a few days. But as her eyes landed on a huge photograph of her alongside a line in big, bold letters, she almost lost her balance.

Supermodel Scarlett Weiner cheats on her boyfriend with THREE DIFFERENT MEN; Tries to break up T3 CEO’s relationship.

There were photos of her just from the last day, one with each of the three guys she had gone out on dates with, and one with her boyfriend as they strolled down a street. Tears came to her eyes. How did this get out? She had an agreement with each of the three men, a very complicated agreement. Nobody was supposed to know. She had been doing this so well for so long. Her life was over now. Her phone vibrated and she checked. It was a message from her boyfriend.

“You slut. I can’t believe this. I was so stupid not to see this. Rot in hell, bitch.”

She was beyond humiliated. People stared at her with disgust in their eyes. She ran away as fast as she could, tears streaming down her flaming cheeks. When she came back home, she saw her three boy toys standing at her door.

“So, you care to explain?” The first one asked.

“We thought we were all the second guy in your life.” Said the second.

“Just watch your downfall, bitch.” The third one cursed.

She blasted into her house and shut the door. The final blow was yet to come. Her phone rang soon afterwards. It was her management company calling to say that they couldn’t be associated with Scarlett anymore, as it would tarnish their reputation. Practically everything that was going right for her just did a one-eighty. Her life took this sudden turn, and she had done this to herself. It was all over for Scarlett in the blink of an eye.