9. The Cafe of Love

Liam and Faith walked down the streets and reached a café not very far away from the La Cielle. The place was called Café de Amour.

“Café of love.” Liam said as he looked at the name in big bold letters. Faith shyly looked here and there.

“Let’s go inside. I’m starving.” She said when she could not take her hunger any longer. Being like her did require a lot of energy. They entered the Café and realized that the ambience was very different. European, to be specific. The décor, the furniture, the architecture, and every other little thing. They took a table in the corner, where it was quiet and nobody would bother them.

“I’m starving! Let’s eat.” Faith exclaimed.

“If you are that enthusiastic about eating, why do you look like a bamboo stick?” Liam commented immediately.

“Excuse me?!” Faith hated it when somebody told her that she was thin. For some reason, she always wanted to be curvy. “How can you even say that?” Her eyes began to tear up.

“What the hell?” Liam looked to his side and made a face when she started crying. “Seriously? You’re crying? Do you want mommy?” he teased.

Faith glared at him through her tears, and gradually her eyes went wide. “Holy fish!”

“Fish? Fish? Really? What’s wrong with the word shit? Or crap?” Liam almost laughed at her childish choice of words.

“Mommy. I forgot to call mom. She must be so worried.” Faith was scared. She hadn’t talked to her mom since her landing in Paris. And she hadn’t checked her phone since last night. She fished into her bag and brought it out.

“27 missed calls!” Faith screamed, drawing everybody’s attention. Liam hid his face in embarrassment. “I have to call her now.”

Just as she was about to dial her mom’s number, her phone screen went blank. “No way. Not now!” She pursed her lips. “Can I use your phone?” She flatly asked, prepared for him to say no, but expecting a yes.

He came out of hiding from behind his palm and handed his phone over to her. It was double the size of her phone, and it looked brand new. It felt expensive to hold. She could only imagine how very rich her new friend was.

She called her mom and when the latter received the call, Faith anticipated a good scolding.

“Mom?”

“Faith! Thank God! We were so worried!”

“I’m fine mom! I’m fine.”

“Is the hotel okay?”

“More than okay.”

“Did you make friends?”

“Umm… one maybe.”

“Is she pretty? Does she treat you well?”

“Oh SHE’s very pretty!” Faith increased her volume and bent forward, arching her eyebrows up and shooting a look at Liam. He figured out their topic of discussion and whispered a rant at her.

“Okay dear, take care. Enjoy yourself. Be back soon, mom and dad miss you. And Logan too.”

“I miss you guys too. Send Logan my love. Bye mom!”

Liam’s eyebrows drew closer hearing Logan’s name. Who the hell was Logan? And why was she sending out love to him? She never mentioned a boyfriend, he thought. He felt a sudden emptiness in his heart and somehow, all the time he had enjoyed with seemed futile. He couldn’t quite understand why it bothered him. Faith was a stranger. A stranger, who was helping him, and getting his help in return. So why did his heart quench at the mention of a guy in Faith’s life?

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!