42. When Things Get Ugly...

Liam was taken back at what she asked for. They both knew he would never leave behind his work. Especially not after he had already let it be for two long weeks. He just couldn't.And yet, here she was, asking him for that one thing he couldn't give her at that moment.

"Faith...listen to me." He began, only to be cut off by her.

"No, Liam. You listen." She got out of bed and put her arms around his broad shoulders. "Please, just please! See, I came here when you asked me to."

"Oh, I didn't know you manage several companies and offices single handedly." He mocked, but serious now.

"But after I did so much for you, you can't do just this much for me? Come with me! We'll figure something out!"

"You did all this so you could ask for this in return?" Liam arched his eyebrows and put his hands on his hips, as he let out an angry sigh.

"No, of course not! Don't get me wrong. I just..."

"Stop it." He put up one hand in the air. "It's not possible Faith. End of discussion. We will figure something else out."

"Liam. I cannot live a day without you. Don't you get it?"

"Do you think I will enjoy not having you here?" He raised his voice and glared at her. "Do you think this is easy for me? Why don't you understand?"

Faith didn't have an answer. His aggressive tone made her jump and step back. Her eyes welled up and tears threatened to fall out. She tried to hold them back.

"Why are you crying again?" He rubbed his temples with his hands, trying to cool down.

She didn't say much after that. "We'll talk when you calm down, Liam. Good night."

"There is nothing to talk about." He said, and then noticed her picking up her bags. "Where are you going now?"

"I don't want to sleep with you tonight. I'll be in Haylee's room."

"Faith, why are you being this way?" He grabbed her by the arm, forcing her to look at him.

"Let go of me." She shrugged his hand off and left the room. He stood there, looking at the door, as she went out. All his anger wasn't out yet, and he grabbed the ceramic tray that was now empty and threw it across the room. It hit the wall and broke into several pieces.

Faith entered into Haylee's room. The door was open as usual. Since Haylee couldn't be woken up so easily, she always left her door open just in case an emergency arose. Today, Faith did have an emergency. She went into Haylee's bathroom and changed into her pajamas. She neatly folded the gown and kept it aside in a corner. She lay down beside Haylee. Haylee moved in her sleep, and put her arm around faith. A tear escaped her eye, as she whispered. "I'm gonna miss you Hayles." She realized that Haylee was like the sister she never had. Logan would move out in a few days. Her house would be so empty after he would be gone. If she had Haylee, it would make things much better.

She couldn't sleep the whole night. She kept thinking about how Liam retorted angrily after she tried to convince him to go to New York with her. For those few moments, she felt like he was the same person she had bumped into in Paris. She tried to doze off, but every attempt went in vain. This seemed to be the longest night ever. When the sky finally started to lighten, she felt a bit relieved. She hoped that she could still convince him; Faith Connor wasn't someone who gave up that easily after all.

The sun hadn't risen yet, but she got out of bed and started to walk towards the door. But, on having second thoughts, she stopped. What was the use, she thought. He must be sleeping. She yawned and her there was a burning sensation in her eyes. She thought she would try one last time to fall asleep, and this time, she succeeded.