13. Back To Normal... Or Not?

The alarm clock went off. Faith got out of bed reluctantly. She had barely slept an hour, and it was already time to wake up. Liam must be all dressed up by now, she thought. She looked to her side, but he was still in bed. She extended her hand to wake him up, but then the events of the last night came crashing down on her. She retracted her hand immediately. But on second thoughts, she pulled away the blanket from his face and shook him.

“Wake up!”

Liam grumbled and turned in his bed, going back to sleep. She shook him again, but he swatted on her hand and it stung, so Faith withdrew it with a squeal. “Even in your sleep, you hit that hard?”

She wanted revenge now. Whatever happened last night was past gone now. She forgot all about it, and climbed onto the poor sleeping boy, not caring that it was downright cruel to sit on someone who his asleep. Faith was back to normal. She caught hold of his cheeks and pulled hard, and Liam was up in an instant, growling.

“Ouch… hey! What are you doing on top of me?” He screamed, slowly coming to his senses.

“You wouldn’t wake up! I tried everything.” She complained.

Liam hit her on the arm again.

“Ouch. So you’re gonna have a catfight with me now?” Faith rubbed her arm where it hurt.

Liam was back to normal too. He slowly remembered the last night. But on realizing that Faith was over it, he decided to let it go too. They got dressed and had breakfast called in. They both agreed on not dining in the hall unless it was required of them to do so. Liam was quiet, so Faith tried to make conversation for the sake of making it less awkward.

“I’m gonna wear a black dress today.” She took a bite of her sandwich.

“And I’m supposed to give a shit because…?” He asked, trying to bring back the atmosphere to normal.

Faith wasn’t offended at all. She was happy because Liam was being himself again. For a moment last night, she felt like he was a totally different person. But now, everything was back to normal again. It was all good. It was all good, until Faith broke the silence again.

“I have never had a boyfriend either.” She did not know why she needed to put out her relationship status in front of Liam.

“Either? Either? Do I look like somebody who would have a boyfriend?” Liam asked, trying to pretend like he didn’t know the reason she said it.

“I meant just like you have never been in a relationship before.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“Yeah. Oh stop it.” Liam said, annoyed. “Say something interesting.”

“I’m wearing black today! What about you?”

“I don’t plan out what I’m wearing since a lifetime in advance. How typical of girls!”

“Hey! It’s always good to plan ahead. Don’t you know?”

“Look, it doesn’t matter what I wear. I’ll look good in anything and everything.” He smirked. “Unlike you.”

Faith gave him a huge smile. “You’re such a liar!”

“What?” He couldn’t help grinning.

“Do you really think I’m ugly? Because I sure as hell don’t. I’d totally date myself!”

Liam chuckled in response. “Yeah, that makes one person who is willing to date you.”

“You’re still lying.” She played with her fork, looking away from him.

“What?” He laughed.

“What?”

“Nothing!”

“Do you not find me even a wee bit attractive?” Faith asked. She wasn’t sure why she was asking him all of these questions. But she just wanted to. She didn’t want to stop. She wanted to ignore the fact that this was, in fact, the same guy whom she had taken a forceful piggyback ride from three days back, because she felt so much more comfortable with him now. It was like she was diving deep into his personality. He was like a puzzle to her, and she couldn’t wait to put the pieces together.

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!