33 | A Bit of a Ladies' Man

Oliver

It was early in the morning, and since Hanna had classes to attend, I decided to stop by my uncle's.

I hadn't seen him since I left the country two years ago, so I was more than a little excited to tell him all about the conquests and adventures I had in Spain. Despite not having talked to him in two years, he was still my favorite family member. 

Coffee in hand, I took out the emergency key he gave me before I left.

"Shit," I mumbled under my breath as I struggled to get the key into the keyhole. I had to put the coffee cups down on the doorstep to properly unlock the door.

As I strode into my estranged uncle's house, I set the coffee down onto the marble kitchen counter.

I noticed how the house was so clean on account of Collin's OCD. He was a neat freak—a typical high school teacher's trait, if you ask me.

"Collin?" I called out, placing the keys down next to the coffee. I didn't care for honorifics, and neither did Collin.

"Our age gap is practically nothing, anyways," he used to tell me. He fancied himself to be young and full of life, though he was already in his mid-20's—which, in hindsight, isn't all that old but as a nineteen-year-old, I've been dreading reaching the big two-o.

I took ahold of my coffee cup and brought it to my lips for a sip. Nothing like coffee in the morning, I thought as I swirled the brown liquid around in my mouth.

I climbed the stairs up to the second floor of Collin's townhouse, holding the handrail with one hand and my coffee cup in the other.

"Collin?" I tried to call out again. No response.

"Maybe he's not home..." I muttered, now thinking I should've called first before stopping by.

Come to think of it, it is a weekday. Perhaps he teaches a class in the morning.

Navigating my way to his room, I found myself standing at his door, fearing and at the same time, a little curious at what could be going on inside my uncle's bedroom.

There's probably nothing going on inside. I wouldn't be surprised if I walked in and saw Collin splayed across his bed, fast asleep.

Gently peering my head in, I mentally berated myself for not knocking first when I saw Collin snuggling with a girl in bed.

Well, I didn't expect that.

What a playboy, I snickered in my head as I stealthily inched closer to the bed, careful not to startle the two who were sleeping peacefully.

I stood by the side of the bed, looking down at them with arms crossed: How would they react if they woke up to see me standing here?

An evil grin made its way to my face as I prepared to cut their slumber short... but then, the girl turned around in Collin's arms, and her bare face faced me.

"Is that..." My eyes widened to the size of saucers when I thought back to the time Hanna took some photos of this girl with her teacher. I didn't get a good look then, but if I had, I probably wouldn't be as surprised as I am now.

Understanding quickly dawned on me: Morgan is the girl in bed with my uncle right now, and the teacher she was with last Saturday is my uncle.

"This is some messed-up shit," I whispered lowly before taking out my cellphone.

Then again, taking photos of this messed-up shit is even more messed up, so I guess we were in the same boat.

After I took a few quick shots, I left the room in a hurried manner and even nearly tripped over myself going back down the stairs.

I shoved the keys that were previously on the kitchen counter into my jean pocket and decided to just leave the coffee I got for Collin there for when he'd wake up. 

Closing the front door, I brought out my phone again and opened the messaging app.

Oliver Donavan
Han, you won't believe it

As I waited for a reply, I left the neighborhood in a rush, clutching my phone that held the scandalous pictures tightly.

|

"Oli," said Hanna as she entered the front door to her loft. She didn't look too happy to see me. "What are you doing here?"

"Just like old times, am I right?" I snickered before jumping off the kitchen counter and striding over to her. I planted a dry kiss on her forehead, effectively lifting up her spirits. "Why're you home so early?"

"I'm just back for lunch." Hanna put down her school bag and wrapped her arms around my neck. She smirked before suggestively adding, "You could be my lunch." She leaned in and gave me a long, passionate kiss that left me feeling more than a little breathless.

When we pulled away, she blushed cutely and walked away to keep her things.

"By the way," she said while putting away her bag, "what was your text about?"

"Ah," I grinned proudly. I took out my phone and opened the gallery app for her to see the photos. "You'll be so freaking impressed."

She took my phone into her hands, and her face instantly lit up when she recognized who were in the photos and what it meant.

"No. Freaking. Way," gasped Hanna. "Does Morgan or Mr. Donavan know about these?"

"Nah," I replied, "I got out of there before they could wake up."

"How... How did you even get these?"

"Well, I thought I was paying my favorite uncle a visit, but as it turns out, my uncle's a bit of a ladies' man who has a thing for students—" I shrugged "—and it just so happens that 'student' was that girl, Morgan."

Equally shocked and impressed, she covered her mouth with both hands and shook her head wordlessly.

Smiling at her reaction, I scoffed. "Uh, you're welcome, by the way. I forwarded the pictures to you."

At that, Hanna threw herself at me, her arms clasping tightly around my neck and her legs wrapping themselves around my waist. "Ugh, I love you, Oliver Donavan," she muffled out as she buried her head into the crook of my neck.

I widened my eyes at her words, making sure Hanna couldn't see the furious blush spreading across my cheeks. "Y-yeah," I said, feigning casualty.

Blushing madly, she immediately jumped out of my arms, and I noticed that she was as red as I was.

She began to ramble, "Um, t-that's not what I meant. Oli, I—"

I quickly cut her off, my lips hastily meeting hers. Hanna allowed herself to be silenced and succumbed to the kiss. Her eyes fluttered shut, the ineffable sensation of her lips on mine overcoming us both.

I love you, too, Han.