•Seventy-seven•

Eloise
-x-

26th March 2020
4:00pm

Nothing could take away what I was feeling right now. All I could do was smile warmly as I watched Shawn stand there with our baby cradled in his arms.

Shawn was so memorized by our son and he couldn't take his eyes off him for a second. The two of them are my greatest blessings.

"You've got big blue eyes just like your  mumma" Shawn grinned down at him, his dimples prominent on his cheeks.

As I watched the two of them in awe I then heard a knock on the door. Turning my attention to the door Shawn's parents then came walking in with Aaliyah.

"We've come to see our grandson" Karen whispered, beaming with excitement as she tried to fright the baby wirh loud noise.

Looking up from our baby Shawn smiled down at me and then at his mum before walking over to the three of them.

"Here's your first grandchild" Shawn grinned from ear to ear as he passed the baby into his mum's arms.

Immediately Karen's face lit up in awe as she stared down at him, taking his small hand in hers.

"He's gorgeous" Karen gushed as Shawn proudly stood there watching over the baby.

"I'm so proud of you Shawn" Manny smiled, almost emotional before engulfing Shawn in a hug.

"Thankyou" Shawn lightly laughed before parting from the hug.

"I'm proud of you too Eloise, you did amazing" Manny said as walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"Thanks" I smiled.

"So have we got a name yet for our grandson?" Karen asked eagerly, making me laugh.

Looking back at me Shawn gave me a big smile before making his way towards me.

"Yeah, we decided on a name a couple weeks ago" Shawn grinned as he took ahold of my hand and softly pressed his cheek up against mine.

"His full name is Halsten James Mendes" Shawn announced with so much pride, his eyes beaming down at me.

"What a beautiful name, how did you come up with that?" Karen gasped in excitement as Manny eventually managed to deprive a hold of Halsten.

"I've had the name picked out since I was 14, I've always loved it" I explained, feeling Shawn press a gentle kiss against my hot cheek.

"I fell inlove with it as soon I heard it" Shawn added as I turned my head up to look at him.

His eyes were now glued onto Halsten, so much loved radiating from them. I always knew that Shawn would be a great dad but I had no idea that he warm to fatherhood so quickly as he did. He was absolutely obsessed with Halsten and it was a blessing to watch.

-x-

A few days later...

28th March 2020

6:06am

Hearing cries come from Halsten's cot I deprived my eyes open so I could attend to him. Before I could even lift my head I felt Shawn's hand on my back before he quietly hushed me.

"I'll sort him out, you get some sleep" Shawn soothed before I then felt his lips of the back of my neck.

I just faintly nodded before closing my eyes and sinking back into the pillow. I was absolutely exhausted to say the least and I was still sore from the labour. Shawn had been a complete rock to me the past few days. He was at my side 24/7 and he had flourished into such an amazing dad to Halsten.