17. N- Night like this; Never break a friend's heart.

Chapter 17.

N . Night like this; never break a friend's heart.

Chan went to the restroom when Eva came behind me, wrapping her arms around me.
"Lily girl, I gotta go..." she's whispering into my ear while I turn to face her.
"What? Why? We just came here-"
"Something happened at home." Her worried face was making me feel a bit nervous.
I got up from the chair, holding Eva's hand as I look around to find Chan's face, but he's not here yet, so I turn around and we walk outside, to the yard where it's less noisy.
"Is everything alright at home?" I ask her, she's nodding and giving me her sad smile.
"Eva..."
"Don't worry, it's alright, anyways I have to go, I love you." she's hugging me tight, saying those words to my ear with a sad tone.
Eva had her family problems but never really shared them out with me for some reason.
"I talked to Noah, he insisted to call a taxi since it's so late..." Eva's smiling last time before she's turning around.
I knew her mother had a new boyfriend and her parents divorced a few years ago because of a secret affair her dad had with a college student he had been teaching, but it was none of my business, yet, I felt so bad for her.
"I love you too-" I am saying while she's already walking fast through the exit doors of the mansion.

I stood there, watching her getting inside the taxi and slamming the door, I stood there until the taxi disappeared from my sight.
I watch people come and leave, couples, squads and the individual one's.
As I turn around, I meet Noah's face as I look up.
He's standing right behind me in the yard, smiling at me.
"Your friend left already?" he's asking, looking for her face with his blinky eyes.
"Yes, a few moments ago. Thank you for the taxi."
"It's nothing. I mean, it wouldn't be fair to let her go like that without a taxi, since I brought you all here."
So responsible.
I nod and smile at him silently.
"By the way, where's Chan? And the others?" Noah's turning around to search for them for a few seconds. As if I didn't notice the way he was saying Chan's name.
"Oh." Chan, right.
He must be looking for me inside.
Noah's back to look at me.
"I guess they're all here... somewhere... well I should go back inside..." I say as I start walking, a strong grip catches my arm and causes me to turn around to face Noah.
"Yes, Mr. Norberg?" I say and he let go of my arm.
"Your friend is into you." he says.
I roll my eyes and I cross my arms against my chest, with a questioning look on my face I open my mouth; "Which one? Ver? Soon-?" He starts laughing as I mention names.
"You know, Noah, you're actually my type of guy." I say at once and he stops laughing abruptly.
His eyes narrow with curiosity in them.
Chan's already back from the restroom, since his head was spinning from his first alcoholic drink, he was washing his face with cold water to come alive from all the heat.
As he spots the empty place, he starts thinking about what was between him and Noona, was it real or a dream? maybe just his imagination, since she's not sitting there, waiting for him?
But the empty glass of our drink is there.
He shakes his head as he starts walking towards the door that leads to the front yard, his feet just taking him there without thinking too much, and there, he sees Lee, standing with her back to him, talking to Noah.
Chan's body is covered with jealousy and shivers at once.

"If I got accepted by you... that means I am something special."
I can't forget Noah's look when he said those words to me, his eyes were looking inside of mine with sparks, and his lips smiled, not in his flirty kind of way, but in that softly kind of way, he smiled.
"Well... you are... something." I nod, we both laugh.
"But..." he says, lifting his hand so I can finish the famous "...but".
"But I think I'm not into long distance relationship, not right now."
He's looking at me, while nodding his head and rubbing the back of his neck.
"I get it." He says softly, "I totally get it."
"I think you should know that you're smart, and beautiful but not flashy, you have so much within you and... you deserve someone who'll appreciate the whole you." First hearing that I am one in a million from Chan, and now these words from Noah Norberg...
"Thank you, I guess." I giggle, make him giggle as well.
I watch Noah's lips mumbling something as he's looking ahead.
"And here's the one who's oh so into you... coming towards us in three... two..."
"Noona!" Chan's voice is heard from a few meters away.
My heart starts beating so fast.
He's running towards our direction and I turn to look at him with a confused face.
"Chan ah." I say as he stops right beside me, I look at his face, at his blue dyed hair as he puts his hand on my shoulder and breathlessly tries to inhale.
"What is it-?"
"I want to dance with you." he says unexpectedly.
I look at him, offering his other hand while taking my hand in his.
Noah is looking at us, as he feels how it makes his heart tweaks.
"Chan... I don't dance-"
"Excuse us." Chan says as he looks at Noah, he starts running, as I am dragged behind him, through the whole crowd, the whole world seems like it slows down at once.
The air is so light inside, the music covers my body as I look at our hands together.
I look around to see Noah standing a few meters from us where I just stood with him, as I run with Chan to the dance floor.
The music is so romantic, a soul R&B song is played as a slow dance song while Chan stops running and drags me through the crowd of dancing couples.
My heart is pounding so hard as I realize, the second he stops and turns his body to face me, he grabs my other hand and puts it on his waist, I look into Chan's eyes as we starts slow dancing in the middle of the dancefloor along with a lot of couples around us.
"This is my first slow dance with someone." I burst into silent laughter as Chan's eyes smile softly.
First slow dance, first drink, with you.
I watch him leaning towards me; and he whispers, "Just play along, as you said, Noona."
The heat in my cheeks is making me feel that my whole body is burning from this sensation.
He pulls me closer to his body at once as I start to laugh, leaning with my forehead against his chest.
"Since when you're so romantic?" I laugh, "Since I am your fake date tonight, Noona."
I didn't look up to see his face, I continued to dance with my best friend, feeling how he's tightening his grip on my hand and waist.
Suddenly, my whole world stopped as I found the most comfortable position with my cheek against his chest as we slow danced. It felt so natural, as If being in his arms was my place.
"You know..." I say, "Hm?" he hums, I feel it on my cheek, the vibration through his voice.
"Noah said if I'd accept someone that would mean he's something special."
I start to feel Chan's thumb caresses the back of my palm, gently and slowly, without saying anything.
"What do you feel now?" I ask him, "I feel loved. Noona." He replies fast.
I feel loved by you.
As the slow dance stopped, and everyone around us started to dance to the next song- a rhythmic- upbeat one, I wrapped my arms around Chan's body in a tight embrace.
"You're forever my best friend." I say to him, "I know." he says,
"But tonight, I'm your date." He wraps his arms around my body, places his chin on my shoulder and smiles as we hug each other.
He takes the scent of her perfume and hair shampoo in while he hugs his best friend, "Now, I really want to dance."
Whenever she came around, he wanted to dance, it's his heart made him want it so bad, to dance because of the happiness she made him feel.
Noah was watching them dancing to the song that played in the background as Lee's words were sinking into his mind.
The way she said that I'm her type... that girl, why does it give me a tingling sensation as I never had before with other girls while I watch her with that Korean guy?