40. Epilogue, our story isn't over yet.

Chapter 40.

Our story isn't over yet.

When she returned to North Carolina, a surprise awaited her.
She knew nothing about it, and the calls from Brian over the last few days as she spent in her ex's room were to ask when will she come back so the surprise would not be ruined.
Brian planned to surprise her the day she came back from Los Angeles, but his plans got canceled due to his exam.

They were apart now, yet, the guilty feelings from all the scenes from her ex's bedroom couldn't leave her.
How could she do that to Brian?
That's all she kept on asking.

March 1st, 2021, 2nd anniversary.

Stephanie, Lee's friend of two years now, sat with her on her bed inside their dorm while Lee told her about the party she was at, two weeks ago in Los Angeles.
She never mentioned Chan's name, but did mention she met her ex there.
As Stephanie started to talk, Lee's phone lit up with a call from Brian.

She answered without thinking twice.
"Hey, Bray." A smile is spreading on her sweet face, yet, she couldn't think of anything else but how she slept with her ex, two weeks ago, pictures from that night crept into her mind, as she heard her boyfriend's voice.
How could you?

"Babe, are you coming today?" his voice sounded bubbly than ever, Lee looked at Stephanie nodding with her head, "Yeah, sure-"
"I've missed you so much, but wait- did you forgot?"
About the concert.
"Oh,"
Brian's laughter made her soften, "I'll be there."
"Tonight at 9pm, babe, don't forget!"
"I love you."
"I love you." they both said in sync.

It's our 2nd anniversary, today.

It hit her mind.

In honor of their 2nd anniversary, at the end of the band's university performance, his bandmates left the stage and Brian was left alone, it was already planned for the night and he decided to go for it after a whole week of stress from deciding how he should do that.

Jay and the other members pushed him to do what he wanted to do, and so, Brian found himself standing under the spotlight, he stood on the stage with the mic in his hand.

Stephanie back hugged Lee as the crowd started applauding, the confusion hovered her all, as Brian spoke into the microphone.

"Today's a very special day for me. Two years ago, I met my soulmate, and today is our 2nd anniversary, so I would like you to come up to the stage!"

My eyes met Brian's as he pointed his finger at me, Stephanie pushed me slowly through the crowd as everyone's eyes were on me.
My cheeks reddened and I felt as if I was burning hot.
As I went up to the stage, Brian approached me and took my hand, I watched him with tears in his eyes and looked at him as Jay shouted from the backstage "Remember who was the matchmaker!"
The crowed burst into laughter along with Brian, he looked excited than ever with his tearful eyes.
"What's going on-?" I mouthed, but as I noticed him kneeling down in front of me, it hit me at once.
He placed his mic on the floor as the crowd applauded crazily, whistles and hurrays were heard in the concert hall as Brian took out of his jeans pocket a round box.
He looked up at me, with his beautiful slanted tearful eyes, and opened the box.
He took the mic from the stage floor and he brought the microphone closer to his lips, looking inside my eyes, my hands started to shake as that feeling of realization attacked me.
"Hailee Collins, we've known each other for only two years, but it feels like I've known you for a lifetime. Crazy, right?"
My body froze, my heart was beating so fast, "You're my amazing muse and there's only one way to make you Mrs. K, Hailee Collins, will you marry me?" my hands were placed on his face and I nodded, bursting into tears.