11. M. My Chan, My Noona saem.

Chapter 11.

M . My Chan, My Noona Saem.

After our first month of friendship, after hanging out with Chan secretly without our friends, we had a conversation on the other day, about his English exam this Friday.
And I won't forget the look on his face, he was begging me to help him, with those chocolate brown slanted eyes, and I couldn't say no.
otherwise, I'd melt right there before I could open my mouth and say anything.
And so, I suggested to study at my place.
I told my mom that I bring a friend to study.
"You can say Eva and that's all."
I roll my eyes.
"But I'm telling you it's a friend, if It was Eva, I'd tell you she'd come today."
her gaze lingered longer than usual.
"Oh... a friend, Lee?" I can't believe she's wiggling her eyebrows that way.
I fight so hard to hide my smile, so I turn around and cough.
"In fact, he's my best friend."
Oh.
"He."
"Yes, mom, I'll go now."
She keeps on mumbling a few words as I go up the stairs quickly and enter my bedroom.
Everything's clean, organized, and everything is it's in place, yet... I don't know why I am so nervous.

Chan worked on his hairstyle for so long now, he forgets to take a look at the clock above his bed and tries to comb his silky bangs, while his phone is lit with a message from Bestie Noona.
the comb falls from his hand and he jumps on his bed to take his phone.

Bestie Noona: it's 4pm already, I'm waiting for you😊
Chan's naughty smile spreads on his face.
Bestie Chan: you're waiting for me in your bedroom, noona~~~ I'm coming hehehehe~

Bestie Noona: I'm going to kill you omg

-
The teasing season with Chan started on our second month as friends.

The things he did, were only making everyone think we're a couple, but somehow our laughter was that kind of friendly laughter, something that reminds others of siblings.

The teasing season included sudden hugs, teasing smirks, pinkie promises, dirty jokes in public, it started to be more comfortable, we started being differently comfortable around each other.

Bestie Chan: you're waiting on your bed, right? hehehe
Bestie Noona: you're so dead

He laughed so hard, his father heard his laughter but knew there's no one with him in his room, and he assumed that Chan is watching his favorite Korean reality show, but it wasn't that kind of laughter as well...
Chan checked if he took everything he needed, the English books and notebooks, notes-diary and his pencil box.
all ready.
Everytime that Chan looked at himself in the mirror, he prayed that Noona will notice him in another kind of light and fall for him.
"Noona. Please like me more." He whispered as he was walking outside his room.

Chan's eyes sparked as he stood in front of Noona's house for the first time.
What a flower house.
I'll never forget this house.
Above the door of the Collins's house, there was a tree of red flowers, decorating the entrance to the yard.
Her house was the unique one, amongst all the house's in the neighborhood.
"Chan ah!" her voice, shouting out his name like this, makes him come back to reality.
He gazed up to meet her eyes while she's standing in the balcony of her bedroom, waving at him.
Noona...
he waves back excitedly, like a small child excited to enter his new classroom, he stretches the straps of his backpack to his body as he looks at her.
She's shining, she's so beautiful to his eyes, why does he like her so much and he can't do anything with it? It's so hard...
"The door is open! Come in!" she's shouting.
"I wish you'd like me as I like you." he is mumbling as he walks inside the Collins yard.

I skipped down the stairs and the moment I heard Chan's voice inside our house, my heart was filled with a sudden joy that I did not really expect.
The sensation filled me with unexplained bliss, a new voice inside my house, and that's your voice...
I see mom standing there and smiling a little smile at him, she's ready to go to work, with her bag in her hand, she puts it on our table in the middle of the kitchen.
Chan's eyes catch me stopping in the middle of the house and looking at him. I look at him as he bows and says hello to mom, in one moment she turns to me and looks at me.
she gives me that kind of... weird look.
I know that look of mom.
"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Collins, I am Chan." I watch Chan looking at my mom, and she turns to look at him.
"Yes, are you Eva's friend?"
Chan's eyebrows shrink a little in confusion, "Oh... we all friends of friends."
my mom nods.
"I came to study with Noona."
Noona.
"Her name is Lee." My mom laughs.
silence.
How cringie.
"Oh... no, mom, since Chan is a Korean, they use honorifics. So Noona means..." both Chan and mom are looking at me while I'm talking, and then, he completes me.
"Big sis. It's a Korean thing." Thing, though.