Chapter 9 : Ferris Wheel Problems

Sam's P.O.V:

And then...... the clock beeped! It was over and guess what!! I WON! Oh yeah i did!
"oh Geoffrey who's gonna cry now? Huh?" He stayed quiet.
"Ok miss what prize do you want? Ill let you get one of the medium sized animals"
"Hmm... i want the blue monkey please"
"Here you are. Have a good day"
"You too" we walked away and Geoffrey kept being quiet. It was bothering me.
"Soooo youre not gonna talk to me anymore?" It was still dead silence.
"Helloooo! Answer me!" *cricket, cricket*
"Fine. I guess ill just leave since my date doesnt wanna talk to me-"
"Wait what?" He stopped right in front of me and held my shoulders.
"Oh now you talk to me?"
"You think this is a date?" He asked. Uggh what was i thinking of course this isnt a date.
"I uh...um.. no. I just-"
"No its okay. I dont even know what this is either, like im not sure"
"It can just be a normal day like friends going out to have fun. We are friends right?"
"Yeah of course"
"Ok then. And here ill let you have my monkey, i like the puppy better" i handed him my monkey.
"Okay then. Poor monkey isnt wanted by its owner"
"Its not that! I just like the puppy better" i hugged the puppy really tight.
"My monkey's name is Sam, it kind of fits him. Its a guy though"
"Well my puppy's name is Geoffrey its also a guy! :-P"
"Awesome i have a dog named after me :)"
"Yeah. And i promise ill take good care of Geoffrey"
"You better!" We walked around a bit more and it was 8:00 there still wasnt a lot of people.
"Hey wanna start getting on the rides?"
"Yeah! Which one first?"
"Lets get on that big tall one. They say its a scary ride but im not scared to try it" i said confident.
"I dont know. It doesnt seem very fun.. i uh think maybe its boring... how about we get on the tea cups? Awesome ride :)"
"Uh oh i think Geoffrey's a little scared to get on the ride"
"To be honest yeah kind of. Im not a fan of big roller coasters"
"C'mon itll be fun ill protect you" i pulled him to the line and the guy got us seated inside one of the seats. The seat belts werent very safe looking and i could see Geoffrey's worried face.
"Are you sure im not going to DIE on this ride!?"
"Yes, calm down everything will be fine" the ride finally started and it was awesome. Geoffrey ended up having fun on the ride and he didnt even scream, or anything.

We started walking out of the ride.
"It was fun huh?"
"Yeah it wasnt that bad"
"What ride next?" I asked curiously.

"How about the ferris wheel. I bet the view is cool from the top"

"Sure lets go" we walked towards the ferris wheel and to be honest i was actually kind of scared because i had heard of people getting stuck on this ride with it being really cold all the way at the top.

We sat in our seats and the ride started instantly.
"Cool view. I bet this would be a great picture" the ride stopped at the top while more people were getting on. Just 2 couples got on and then the ride started.
"I like the ferris wheel its very peaceful. But look down and the other people are just making out! Eeew"
"Haha sam! Thats normal. When people are dating they make out its normal dont get grossed out"
"Uggh well i wouldnt do that. Or at least not in public-" the ride stopped while we were at the top.
"-is the guy getting more people on the ride?"
"I dont think so-" we both looked down to see what was happening.
"Fellow riders we are sorry for the inconvenience but our ride has stopped unexpectedly. Luckily most of you will be able to get off the ride right now, as for the ones at the top....we'll have to wait a while-"
"Oh My Gosh. Are you serious?! Why us?!"
"Calm down Sam everything will be okay. We'll get out soon. At least we wont die or something"
"Ill probably die! Im cold! No, im freezing!" I was literally really cold and the wind was just not helping a single bit.
"Here. Use this. Im pretty sure you need it more than me" he handed me his leather jacket.
"Are you sure? Youre probably cold too"
"Im a guy. I can handle it. You girls are too delicate and fragile"
"Uggh id talk back to you but im too cold right now" i put on the jacket and it actually felt a bit warmer.
"I wonder how long we're gonna be here" he asked with his hands wrapped around himself trying to keep warm.
"Dude im so sorry, i shouldve brought a sweater and you look really cold"
"I am c-c-cold" he managed to say.
"I wish i could help. Um... what makes people get warmer....hmmm" i started thinking.
"Oh i know! Hugs! They make people stay warm" he said smiling.
"Are you sure?-"
"Yeah now c'mon! Im cold. You dont want me to die right?"
"Hmm.. i guess not-" he pulled me towards him.
"Alrighty then..." we stayed there awkwardly hugging each other.
"Soooo...its not very fun to be stuck on a ferris wheel. Huh?"
"Nah. Actually i think its okay, it gave me the opportunity to hug you"
"Wow. Omg look the ride is working!" He let go of me and i went back to my seat.
"You liar!"
"haha you fell for it"
"Now im cold again!"
":-P" a couple minutes later the ride started working again and we finally managed to get off.
"Yay!! Ok lets go home now" i pulled Geoffrey's hand.
"Wait where's Sam!?"
"What?"
"Sam! My monkey! I cant find it"
"Oh i have it. You almost forgot it in the ferris wheel"
"Im so sorry Sam! I will never do that to you again!" He hugged the monkey. Oh my gosh.
"Hey Geoffrey you wanna go home already? Yeah? Im gonna feed you and ill play the guitar for you a little before you go to slee-" i was talking to my puppy.
"Thats nice. But you dont have to tuck me into bed. Im a big boy-"
"Not you! My puppy!" When we finally got home, Geoffrey asked me a question.
"Do you actually play the guitar?"
"Yeah. Why? You dont think i can?"
"Its not that. Pero you had never talked about it"
"Yeah i know. But i love to play the guitar its just so relaxing and i love to play some of my favorite songs" i opened the door to my room and we walked in.
"Thats cool. You should play a song for me, id love to hear you play :)"
"Youre in luck. I actually have my guitar with me, um what song do you want me to play?"