💫 17}

As a Human there was a lot of things he didn't know nor noticed. If it wasn't for his sister, he wouldn't know anything about Vampires, and not made-up 'facts' that Hunters told.

As a child of Hunter, there was things he was told and they made sure to repeat it again and again to make sure he understood,forced to believe even if those things were wrong.

As a Soulmate, he knew he wasn't great. He could barely communicate with his soulmate and knew nothing about him. And as the son of the family that killed his soulmate's, he felt even worse. He wanted to see his soulmate but every time he tried to both his best friend and sister stopped him. He didn't understand why. Until the tall purple haired vampire showed up. When he left Yamiko had to explain everything, it made him feel even worse.

Even if he didn't feel alright, he wanted to check on Seika. As a Human he couldn't get in the Vampire side of the school and since Seika didn't reply to his messages all he could do was wait for an answer or have his sister find him. It wasn't long before his sister came back, all panicked, tears in her eyes. Ikaku sure felt like it was all she did for the past few days. "Sei was sent to the hospital." she finally said.

"What happened ?"

"I'm not too sure but Tatsuya, the vampire from before, told me it looked like the reaction from rejection." She held her hand up before he could say anything. "From the looks of his soulmate, I'm pretty sure it was a misunderstanding."

"Misunderstanding or not, we're talking about my best friend here. My soulmate is locked up somewhere and now my best friend is sent to the hospital, what's next ?"

"I know it's not the best but I'm sure everything will turn okay. As for your soulmate try to connect with his mind during the night, maybe you'll get a hint..."

Both knew there wasn't much to do, they did go to the hospital after Seika's mothers called them. They weren't allowed in before a family member allowed them so they didn't know if he was okay or not. They found comfort in the arms of the Queens, yet it wasn't enough, both needed their Soulmates. Yamiko went to spend the night with Hinako while Ikaku ended up staying with the Queens as he couldn't go to his soulmate. As far as they knew, Seika was between life and death, what surprised them was that his soulmate never left his side since they came to the hospital, he refused to leave Seika.

Ikaku wondered if he'll ever get the chance to be like that with his soulmate, always by his side no matter what happen. Once again as a Human he felt useless, he did try to think of his soulmate before slowly falling asleep, he hoped to see his soulmate and talk with him. What he saw was definitely not what he wanted.

As he opened his eyes Ikaku noticed he wasn't in bed, he was in a house he never saw in his life. Everything around him had a strange red hue, he was assaulted by the smell of something burning yet there was no fire in sight. He tried to move but found himself stuck, Ikaku also noticed it wasn't his body, it was too pale, too small, too weak. He suddenly felt pressure on his back, wood digging into the skin leaving scratches and slowly made cuts with blood slipping out. A scream rang in the house, he didn't know who it belonged to but it sounded pained, a bit terrified.

Ikaku was suddenly aware of the scene playing in front of his eyes : his parents towered over two vampires, one wasn't moving at all, the other had trouble breathing while he had a piece of wood sticking out of the flesh on his chest, close to his heart Ikaku assumed. He heard a weak voice call a name but he couldn't tell what it was, his parents were laughing, a joyous laugh as they watched the vampire's chest still. Both vampires were still, bloody, a hand locked with the other, dead. Ikaku felt like he was going to throw up, his parents did this, he was supposed to become like them, he could have done this to his own soulmate. That's when he realized something. That was a memory. The body he was in was his soulmate's when he was younger. All he saw was what his soulmate saw.

When his eyes opened again he met red eyes.

- - -

Hi, hello, heya.

Angst and angst again. I promise it will end at some point, just not now.

Hope you liked it as always and see y'all Monday for more angst 🐍