💫 23}

The golden haired boy sat at his desk, completely unaware of what was happening, not that he cared. A lot had happened after all. He was happy because he knew he would see his soulmate soon yet he felt worried to death at the news of his best friend in the hospital. He was soon relieved to know his best friend was alright yet another thing came up. Hunters have been looking for Vampires again, what was their reason to hunt them down and of course his family was part of the group. He had enough of them. All Hunters expected him to join them at some point but his sister knew he would never. He just wanted to be a normal Human for once but it wasn't like his parents cared. While they were busy, Yamiko and he got to spend a bit of time with the Queens, unaware of the events that were soon to happen.

When Tatsuya and Lain came to ask him about Hunters he was caught off guard yet he knew he would have visit. Even if Ikaku knew what his parents and the other Hunters were planning, he didn't know the targets nor their goal yet by that visit he knew who. Now that he knew it didn't change the fact that he couldn't do anything for them but warn them, after all he was only Human.

For some reason he got a letter that his soulmate was soon to be released yet it held no name. He didn't know who the sender was and as much as the liked the news it made him wary. It was supposed to be something important and confidential yet it looked every bit suspicious. But then it would make sense not to attract attention on his soulmate when Hunters decided to make their move. The letter didn't have much in it. Only a place, time and a key, no question asked just a direct order for Ikaku to come. It made everything more suspicious but the happiness that filled him at the thought of seeing his soulmate again made him forget how weird it was.

The days passed way too quickly yet too slowly at the same time for Ikaku. He felt both excited and nervous. Ikaku didn't bother telling anything to his parents but he did tell Yamiko, she knew how to keep secrets well enough. She did try to make him stay at home because the whole situation, letter and place were suspicious but she knew it mentioned his soulmate and she knew she'd do anything for hers. She did reluctantly let him go, pouting while doing so to which he let out a small laugh and pat her head. They knew that if something goes wrong they would loose the only family they have. Ikaku made a silent promise to come back safe and sound, then left.

The closer he got to the forest, the more he felt nervous. It was clawing at his guts, twisting them in a painful way. He had to sigh heavily to relieve the painful nervousness. He walked straight onto the path, never looking back and moving as fast as he could with as little noise as he could muster. Ikaku envied his sister, she always told him as a Vampire she could smell her soulmate whenever they were close. As a Human he didn't have this privilege, he often wondered what was his scent but Yamiko told him that only his soulmate could tell him. He shook his head as he stepped into the meeting place. No one was there so he checked his watch, he was way too early. He didn't notice how fast he walked until he stopped and felt his legs ache. He sat, rubbing his hands on his legs hoping for the ache to disappear.

Ikaku didn't know how long he sat there waiting. He actually thought of many scenarios yet none seemed right so he waited and waited. The sky turned darker telling him how late it was, he didn't bother checking the time, he knew he waited way more than he should have. Yet it was worth it, he told himself. It felt worth it when he saw the small figure of his soulmate walking into the space. He didn't know if it was the distance between them or because it was a long time since he saw him but he looked smaller than before. Maybe he himself grew taller ? He didn't care which it was, he stood up and stared at his soulmate. They walked closer to each other as if in a daze, hands reaching out for the other's, skin touched skin and they thought the same thing, at the same moment.

It is real.

- - -
Hi, hello, heya.

I just realized how little ideas I had for this... Hopefully I'll have more idea for next update.

Anyway hope you liked it and see y'all Monday 🐍