0.9

"If we choose how our lives are going to be, why is mine shitty then?"

( ... )

"Where's Tom?" Cameron asked while they all sat at the big table in her garden, nodding at the birthday child.

Mia just shrugged and laughed a bit. "He said he'd be here in five minutes, and that was like twenty-five minutes ago." She chuckled, her eyes glued at the big birthday cake that was in front of her. She was actually pretty hungry, but Cameron wouldn't let anyone eat it until Tom arrived. And since he was known for always being late to any happening everyone knew they'd be starving for a little longer.

"C'mon Mia, call him we are starving." Betty said through a groan, obviously being quite bored.

Mia took her phone out and typed in his phone number.

"Yeah, this is too late, even for him." She giggled as she put the phone at her ear and waited. "He isn't answering." She whispered as she still waited for him to pick his phone up. "Damnit!" She raised her voice after he wouldn't answer at all. Her mood changed in seconds as she smashed her phone on the table and stood up making her way into her sister's house. She ran straight into the house, bumping into someone at the balcony door. Once she glared up she realized it was her father whose face was red and puffy and her eyebrows furrowed immediately.

"Mia." He said through a small sob, hugging her tightly. "It's okay you are here." He said and kissed the top of her head.

"Why- what happened?" Mia questioned tjrough a small stutter and looked up at him after they parted away. But her dad wouldn't answer, he walked over to the couch and leaned himself on the back of it. "Dad?" she walked after him and stood in front of him looking him straight into his eyes. The last time her father cried was when he cried becuase of a funny joke, and whatever happened it was something really bad.

"Come." her father said as he pointed at his lap for her to find there her place, what she did in the end. "Tom ... he had an accident with his car." he said afetr he gulped hardly and another tear found it's way down his cheek as he watched his little princess wide wet eyes looking at him.

"I ... Is he okay?" Mia asked still not believing fully what she heard. Her dad looked down on her lap and back up at her, he shook his head slowly. "He died?!" Mia shouted after she jumped off her father's lap, before everything turned black.

Mia suddenly woke up from her nightmare, that she used to deram quiet a lot. She fell asleep on her couch, and as she looked at the clock it said 5.36 pm, which meant sam would pick up her in a few minutes to go to the cinema, just like they made out the same day before.

She took a deep breath to try and forget what she dreamt, she never liked to be reminded of that awful day. She stood up and put her hair away from her hot face from the little nap she had. She walked into her bedroom and opened her closet.