1.2

"No one dies a virgin, life fucks everyone."

(...)

Luke walked through the operative part of the big firm and checked if all the workers were doing their jobs. It was Monday and his first day at work. Actually he was just here so Mia would think he was working for Calum, but also to check if his firm was doing fine, it obviously was.

He looked up at the big clock to see that it was almost 4 PM, which meant he could go home in an hour and a half. It sounded a bit stupid, even to him, but he already missed his girlfriend.

A big smile covered his face immediately as he remembered that Mia was his girlfriend from now on. He never really believed a girl like her would fall in love him, but dreams come true.

After he checked the most cooperate parts of the firm he walked out on the park lot and took out his phone to call Calum. It took him a lot to answer the call so Luke sat himself in the car and just as he put his hands on the steering wheel he heard Calum's laugh on the other side.

"What's up dude?" He asked still giggling and trying to make whoever was with him, stop talking.

"I'll drive my Audi to the garage and then go to Mia, I just wanted to see how you've been these days without me. You weren't home this morning." Luke said as he put the key in and started the car but he waited for Calum's reply before he drove out of the parking lot.

"I'm great dude. Me and Mikey are in his backyard, we're having a grill party." Calum said and laughed again. What the fuck was so funny? Luke thought as he put the phone away from his ear, Calum was so noisy.

"Oh. I'll go then, bye." Luke said and ended the call. He knew it was his fault only, but he was a bit upset because he couldn't join the party. He knew that a grill party with Michael was one of the best things in this world, but he couldn't go there, otherwise Mia would find out he lied to her and things were so good between them in last few days. He didn't want to ruin all of this now.

He drove to his house and looked at it with sadness in his face. He was only living at Mia's apartment for like 2-3 days and he already missed it so much. He left the good Audi in the garage and sat himself in Calum's Golf that was now his car. If he had to be honest, he missed his expensive cars, too. He felt so judged when he drove the old car. He felt stupid to have and buy all the cheapest things, even food. He felt stupid that he couldn't just call Bernard and set off with his private plane to wherever he wanted to go.

But if he wanted Mia, he had to keep his life like this, and it was worth it.

Soon after he arrived home to find Mia in the kitchen making dinner for them. A strong smell of burned chicken filled the room and hit Luke's nose.

"Is anyone alive here?" He asked after he pulled his shirt over his nose and swung with his hand through the smoke.

"Apparently, yes." Luke found Mia sitting on the kitchen floor and eating a piece of chicken that wasn't completely burned.

"What did you do?" He questioned as he looked around to see that the whole apartment was in thick dark smoke.

"I tried to make chicken wings." Mia stood up and cleaned herself from the dust as she coughed because of the smoke. Luke just laughed a bit and walked over to the window that was right behind her. He lifted himself up on his toes and opened it.

"Really, it looks more like bread than chicken." He laughed again and watched Mia hide her face behind her hands. She felt so stupid for not being able to make pre-made chicken wings and just wanted to disalpear, she knew that Luke had a long day at work and was probably starving. "Hey it's okay." He said after a while when he saw she wasn't just hiding herself but maybe even crying. He opened his arms and hugged her. "We can eat out." Luke said after a while when Mia pushed him away and rubbed her eyes.