1.9

"All the broken hearts in the world stil beat."

(...)

Luke sat quietly on the couch and waited. It felt like forever since he called his mum five minutes ago and begged her to come over and help him, it was dumb from him but Liz Hemmings was the one woman in Luke's life that could fix everything. A torn knee, his first highschool crush, even when he got divorced with Bridget, she was always there to help him, she could help him now too, after Mia shouted at him and went home.

"Where is he?" Luke heard his mum's voice behind him after a while talking to Calum. He stood up and a small smile covered his sad face. He walked over to her and hugged her, he hasn't seen her in so long and missed her, but the most important thing is, he needed her right now. "What happened, Luke?" she asked when he wouldn't let the hug off. It felt so good to see his mum and hug her, to hear her soft comforting voice, he just wanted to stay like this forever.

Luke couldn't control himself and started to sob in Liz's hair that he grabbed with his hands cravingly. She chuckled a bit and tapped his back as she felt her hair getting a bit wet from his tears. "It's okay." she repeated and tapped his back again in hope he will stop crying. If something broke her heart over and over again than it was her little baby, that wasn't neither little nor a baby anymore, crying.

Calum stood aside and watched them with a smile on his face, seeing them like this made him always warm around his heart. He never had a good relation with his mum and that's why he didn't talk to her in the past six years. But if his mother was like Liz, he was sure he'd hug her so tight like Luke. Since he felt stupid for watching them he turned around and found his way up the stairs and on the balcony, he was almost positive that Liz would fix everything and that Luke didn't need him anymore.

After Luke finally let off the hug and wipped the tears away him and Liz found their places on the couch. "So, what happened exactly?" Liz put her hands on her lap and watched him with attention, just realizing now that her son was having a lip ring and that he was doing his hair different than the last time she saw him, but he needed help and not to be asked out about it at the moment.

"Like I said, I lied to that girl that I'm poor and that I'm a lot younger than I actually am." Luke started to talk and sniffed making sure his mum was listening to him and not judging him nor getting upset with what he did there, what she obviously wasn't doing. Liz nodded her head and looked at him, she already knew partly what he had to do but she needed to hear the whole story to be sure about it. "Everything was actually amazing, just that me and Michael got into a fight becuase Mia is Cameron's sister and he wanted me to end the lies but I just never found the courage." Luke sighed heavily, just as he spoke now he realized how stupid his actions actually were and how he shouldn't have ever started the lies, it was better for him to tell her the truth just when they met. "And then Mia told Cameron that she would like to break up with me becuase I was suspicious to her, and also Cameron said that I have to tell her the truth or she will break up with me."

"Then you drunk yourself up and Calum called Mia and she came over and found out the truth, right?" Liz told the part that she knew, which Luke's told her over the phone when he called her. "And Mia said that you are stupid and ran away home?" she said after Luke nodded in acception.

"And I don't know what to do." Luke looked down at his feet and felt as if he was going to cry again but he made himself not to.

"Okay, Luke." Liz scooted herself closer to her son and took his hand making it fall onto her lap. He looked up from the floor and smiled shortly at his mother. Her hand on his felt every time so good and he believed it could save lives, the warm feeling of her small but soft hands. "Don't forget that you've had there a bad divorce with Bridget. Are you sure you love Mia?" she looked at him and waited for an answer as he looked at their hands and thought of it. He looked up at her and nodded his head. "Are you sure Mia loves you?" she looked at him and he did the same again. "Then you should go over and apologize to her, if she is the right she will forgive you, and if she isn't the right then you'll have to wait for her." Liz stood up and made him stand up too. Luke was already grown up and should be able to get himself out of trouble alone, but in the end Liz would always need to help him and give him the right advice.