1.3

"Lies are nothing other than the life we want to, but can't live."

(...)

"How long are you going to keep this lie up?" Michael asked as he put down two cups of coffee on the table and sat himself across Luke. They were at Michael's house since Luke and Mia had their first fight (nothing special though, but it was the first one, something special) and he needed to talk with him.

Luke pressed the button on his phone to see which date it was today. He was so into his life with Mia that he didn't even pay attention to the week days or dates.

"I have it up for almost a month now." he said as he looked at his phone which was already off. "I can keep it up for at least another month." he nodded his head and looked at Michael questioning. Actually, he wasn't sure if he was able to keep it up that long.

"I don't know, but you see, you already had your first fight. It is time to stop those lies, Luke." Michael said after he drank some of his coffee. It was a Sunday evening and he was watching movies with Daisy before Luke came at his door crying and looking for someone to comfort him. Michael was still in his pajamas and didn't even brush his teeth this morning so a coffee felt good to wake him up.

"She already hates me enough because of this fight, I can't just show up now and tell her I lied about my identity, my money, my age, about everything." Luke said in one breath and took the cup with coffee in his hands.

"What did you fight about?" Michael furrowed his eyebrows as he cupped his coffee cup and looked at Luke drinking out of his.

"I told her I got enough money for this month so that I can pay for the rent and she started to scream at me." Luke explained not undestanding either why she freaked out about it so much, it also made him even more anxious about telling her about his money. "Like she can pay for herself alone, that she doesn't need some stupid man to pay for her and take care of her." he finished off, but still it made no sense to him. If he was a girl he'd like a guy to pay for him, isn't that every girl's dream?

"Didn't she got that mini job for Summer Collection 2015 from "Calum"?" Michael trailed off topic, but it just popped up his mind that Luke paid Sydney's Fashion House to let Mia design a pair of jeans and a summer dress for their upcoming collection.

"Yeah, and she has to send the examples on Friday, then I can go and overgive money on her credit card. But we need to pay for the rent tomorrow, and she doesn't have money, but I do. Why can't I just pay it?" Luke explained and started again to talk about the last topic.

"Luke, she doesn't know you have money!" Michael pressed his hands on the table and leaned over to him a bit. "You need to tell her about Luke, you're not Sam the poor guy and you will never be!" he shouted at him before he sat himself back in his chair. This whole lie wasn't just messing up Luke's life, but Michael's, Calum's and Cameron's life too.

"Daddy, why are you so loud? ... Oh uncle Luke is here." Daisy suddenly walked into the kitchen and stood next to Luke while rubbing her tired eyes. She's been over in the living room and watched Alice In Wonderland. "Hi uncle Luke." she waved up at him and giggled. If Daisy loved anyone than it was Luke, becuase he'd always take her out on a hamburger or to the beach.

"Hey sweetheart." Luke bent down and picked her up to sit on his lap. He was actually quiet happy about her coming over so Michael would stop screaming at him. "What are you watching there?" he scooted his head down to be closer to her and pointed at the big LCD in the dark living room.

"Alice." she said with a big smile on her face, while Michael smashed his head on the table. Of course, he loved his daughter, but she'd always come over when he needed to shout at Luke and he didn't want to shout at anyone in her near.