1.6

"People who love to read are mostly the lonely ones."

(...)

"So Sam is your man now, and you don't love Tom anymore?" Daisy looked up at Mia and tried to understand the whole relationship she and Luke had. Daisy only knew that her auntie was in love with Tom and that he isn't here anymore, so that the whole thing with Sam was confusing her, yet she wanted to know it all.

"Exactly." Mia chuckled as she went with her french frie through the ketchup.

"Will you marry Sam?" Daisy scooted her head to the side and and wondered making Mia laugh and shake her head. "Why not? You say you love him, don't people get married when they love each other?"

"Not always." Mia said and took another frie. They've been for only like 10 minutes at Macca's and she already ate all her fries and started to eat Daisy's since she was talking all the time and forgot that she was hungry.

"Love is stupid." Daisy furrowed her eyebrows and looked at the side to think a bit of it. Mia could swear that she was going to be the biggest romantic in this world, when she was so interested in love and couples at such a young age.

"I feel you Dais." Mia chuckled and pushed the fries over to her. She didn't need to eat any more, she didn't want to look like Fat Momma. "Here, eat some of them." she said and sighed. She's been the whole day with Daisy and got bored lately so she took out her phone to see that there was nothing new, as usual. She put it back in her pocket to not have and give it Daisy so she could play games on it. She looked around at the people and back at her to find her all messed up with ketchup in her face eating like she never ate before, at least she wasn't asking dumb questions anymore.

"I miss daddy." Daisy said out of nothing after she licked her finger and finished her fries. Mia chuckled again, Daisy was just like her, Mia always loved her daddy more than her mommy and so did her niece too. She was the perfect description of 'Daddy's Princess'.

Mia looked at her watch afterwards. "He'll be soon here and then you will go home." she said when she saw that it was already the time when Michael promised her to pick Daisy up. She turned around and watched through the glass wall to see that he was getting out of his Mercedes and walking to the building. A smile covered her face, she did love her niece but a whole day with her was enough.

"Daddy!" suddenly Daisy jumped off her seat and ran to the front door where Michael was standing and looking around for her. She hugged his legs tight and squealed, she hasn't seen him in two days and missed him so much.

"Hey, Dais." he bent down after he got some weird looks from other customers and picked her up in his arms. "Wow, have you been eating with your legs?" he chuckled as he walked over to the booth that Mia was sitting at and saw that her legs were covered in ketchup too.

"Only with my fingers." she said as she plyed with her sticky fingers in the air.

"And your hair, I see." he put her down on her seat and laughed when he saw that her dark blonde locks were half red. Daisy was just as messy as him, he couldn't blame her. "Thank you for looking after her." Michael sat himself next to Mia on the other side of the booth.

"It's okay, we had a great time." Mia said after she coughed, her troath was still so sore and achy.

"Are you okay?" he turned himself to face her and leaned himself on the back of the seat. Mia just nodded through another heavy session of coughing. "It doesn't sound like that." he furrowed his eyebrows at her and watched her like that for a while. But in fact the only thing he was thinking of was to not mention Luke as Sam in this whole conversation, he knew Cameron would apparently rip off his ass if he did so, even if it wasn't on prupose.