SCP-016

Remember 008?

Yeah, me too.

Object Class: Keter

(My first keter, yayyy)

(wait that's bad)

Special Containment Procedures: 

(Get ready kids, this one's long and boring)

016 is to be kept on a petri dish-wait, do you know what that is?

it looks like this

and it's used to culture cells, moss, etc

ANYway, all experiments conducted on 016 are to be documented OR you die

(or get demoted to D-class, but we don't talk about that)

If an outbreak of 016 were to occur, all infected personnel are to be terminated, cause you can't have them 'round to infect other people, now can you?

What's that, you DON'T want to kill your colleagues?

Too bad.

Should said infection not be contained in 48 hours (that's two days, for ya) then uh,

nuke the place.

(Fun fact: Any on site personnel still there are NOT to be evacuated.)

Person: so why are you still here

The random personnel still there: waiting for nuclear annihilation

Person: aren't we all

016 can survive for up to 6 hours on hard surfaces

(This is the 0.01% of germs Germ X can't kill)

and several minutes on air.

(This is my plague inc. virus coming to life to haunt everyone else, ha)

Description: 016 is a blood-borne pathogen 

(A bacteria/virus, I mean)

recovered from a mine worker in some place. I mean, I bet it doesn't matter, if they still have mines there, I bet that place isn't that interesting.

After a couple of days, 016 infected everyone else there, and the Foundation just kinda stepped at that point.

(And if you're wondering if it went down like the 12 keys and a door incident, it did. It totally did. Duh.)

016 has an incubation period of 24 hours to 2 years, it depends on how productive it's feeling.

Phase one symptoms appear similar to the common cold, it includes itchy eyes, runny nose, etc.

Phase two begins in 48 hours, and THIS happens:

"...and consists of a controlled form of hemorrhagic fever, as the organism causes a small amount of blood to become aspirated in the lungs, creating an aerosol effect."

That's...self explanatory.

PHASE THREE: you crash and bleed out.

From every orifice.

Yes, every ,and no, I'm not going into more detail.

Should the infected person somehow survive, the pathogen goes dormant.

As a wise man once said:

"What doesn't kill you will come back and try again".

but wait there's more.

that's a chapter for another day, though, this is getting too long.

Thanks for reading, if you are still reading, and not bleeding out.

See ya on the flip side.

(Holy crap 421 words?!)