Episode 26 Our Love

The way Can inhaled Sanem's scent before she did the unthinkable, you would have thought it was the last time he was going to smell it on her...he's just so obsessed with it. And now, we are all afraid of his reaction when he finds out that Sanem went against his wishes and gave it up to save him. The last time Can found out about her lies it didn't go so well for her and we are afraid that history will repeat itself. But Can is different now than he was back then and has grown in character, all thanks to Sanem. He has learned the meaning of true love, accepting all of her merits as well as her flaws and loving her unconditionally. So hopefully he will come to understand Sanem's decision and forgive her.

Sanem was convinced that Fabri would never have backed away from dropping the charges if she hadn't agreed to give away her scent. Knowing very well Fabri's determination to take revenge on Can, Sanem's fear of Can having to face court procedures, penalties and possibly prison time was very real and far exceeded her fear of Can's anger and the disappointment he would feel towards her. Although her fragrance may have been a part of her, Can's freedom meant so much more to her and if she had any control in setting him free she would use it. And so after seeing him locked up behind bars at the courthouse, she decided that giving up her scent for his sake was far less painful than having Can give up his freedom for her sake. She knew Can would not be happy with her decision, but she had so much faith in their love that she believed he would come around and understand her reasons. And that after cooling off, she especially hoped that he would come to realize that he has attached far too much importance on her fragrance. True, her scent was very special to him...his only clue that led him back to her from that magical night that changed his life. And he will undoubtedly be upset that she gave up a piece of her that he loved so much which made her special and unique. But Sanem hoped that he would eventually come to realize that he didn't love her for her fragrance but loved her for herself, and would see the sacrifice she made for him and would love her even more for it.

Can has already shown that having Sanem in his life has changed him. He is more realistic about facing his fears. For instance when Emre told him that he would run away to the mountains or the forest when he got scared or bored Can reassured him that Sanem is now his mountain and his forest. He no longer felt the need to escape...he now had Sanem who would now be his safe haven, his confidante. Also, when Sanem was worried that everything bad that was happening to him was because she had broke his moonstones, Can reassured her that she was now his moonstones, his good luck charm, his guardian angel. He had come to realize that he no longer needed the moonstones because he had her to make him feel safe, protected and loved. Little did he know how much of a guardian angel she turned out to be. And so, just as he no longer needs to attach importance to the forest or the moonstones, he will hopefully learn not to attach such high importance to her scent because he loves Sanem for who she truly is, the kind-hearted, selfless girl that would give up just about anything for him.

Let's hope.

Canem Forever ❤️❤️