Episode 49 A Passionate Love

The end of a fairytale or the beginning of True Love?

Our sweet Sanem had always been a Dreamer,  living in a Dreamland. Since finding out Can and her Albatross were one and the same, she had always thought she was living in a fairytale love story that had come true.  It was so incredibly amazing to her that she even wrote about it and then published it to become a best-selling novel, which was a dream come true in itself.  She even started writing a second one. But sadly, just like the endings to all the mythical stories and legends that they had shared with each other, their fairytale also ended just as tragically. But it wasn't the breakup that marked the end. The breakup and the heartache they endured afterwards would prove to be only part of this fairytale. To her dismay, the real tragedy came when, after everything they had been through to find each other again, Can lost all memory of her and this great love following the terrible car accident that shattered all their hopes and dreams. This was the true end to Sanem's fairytale Love...and a call for Sanem to wake up from her dreamland...This is no fairytale...This is real life.

Perhaps this was a reminder for Sanem to not take life for granted...and that destiny is really beyond one's control.  "Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans", she admitted to herself after the accident. A harsh lesson to learn indeed. One that would cause her great pain. And because Sanem knew how much Can had believed in their fairytale too, it was that much harder for her to accept their fate. She feared he may never love her in the same way as he did before he lost his memories. She feared that their once-in-a-lifetime love would be lost forever. Although Can was the same person, to Sanem he had gone back to being the person she had known when they had first met...she feared he had regressed to the Kotu Krall. But she herself had also regressed to that naive girl who believed in fairytales... "I believe that the prince in the fairytale will always love me...that he'll carry me in his heart through the darkness and through the light...that he'll prefer no one but me...and I believe that he'll find me no matter what." And so it would be very difficult for Sanem to accept the possibility that he may never be able to find her again through his darkness. Without his memories, she was beginning to lose faith in her prince and was sadly losing sight of the true meaning of love....that to love someone, to really love someone unconditionally, you need to keep giving all of yourself, and not just your body...you need to love with all of your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength and with all your mind.

Perhaps then, Fate played a trick on them and allowed for this tragedy to happen to serve a purpose. If you will recall, when Sanem had thought Can had kidnapped her on his boat, they had admitted to each other that their relationship had failed because they were trying to change one another. Did Fate listen in on their conversation? Perhaps Can's amnesia was then intended to reset their relationship to the start, to make them accept each other for who they were, without the pressure to change...and to let the true test of their Love begin.

And so, to see just how strong their love truly was, Fate would bring them back to the very beginning where it all began, less the fairytale elements. In order to help Can understand Sanem and also give him an idea of how he fell for her, scenarios similar to the ones they had previously experienced in the past would be played out again for him...kind of like a déjà vu but with a twist. To start, the whole Arthur Capello fiasco was supposed to show Can how easily it was for Sanem to get caught up in the lies and deception caused by Emre. Roles are reversed and it was now up to Can to come up with a plan to deceive the new client to coverup the lies created by Layla, so they wouldn't lose face. At the same time Can is reading Sanem's book which will give him a greater understanding and more empathy towards her especially now that he finds himself in a similar predicament.

Another scenario that is repeated to give Can further insight takes place when Sanem tries to reenact their first dance together at his hut.  After this intimate dance, Sanem learns something about Can that offends her and turns against him holding a grudge, without letting him know why. This situation is reminiscent to the time when Sanem first learned that Can had a girlfriend, right after spending the night together at his hut.  The treatment she gave to him back then would be the same she would give him now after overhearing him tell his father that "he did not feel her in his heart". But what Sanem didn't realize is that their intimate dance did in fact have an effect on him. He might not have felt her in his heart right at that moment but he certainly had felt her somewhere else in his body...why else would he have become so angry with their siblings when they had interrupted them!  Although he told his father those words, and quite understandingly given his state of confusion, all he needed was one night to sleep on it to let their intimacy sink in and replay over in his mind because the following day, Can started growing more and more interested and attracted to her, just as he did the very first time. We saw him fixated on Sanem, looking her over while she was busy researching on her laptop and not being able to take his eyes off of her. We saw him show affection to her by hugging her to thank her for her brilliance in finding the actor. We saw him wanting her to be next to him all of the time... We saw him gaze at her longingly...especially when she gazed at him. He even admitted to her that the looks she gave him made him feel smitten...and that he realized now how he had fallen for her in the first place because just her gazes alone had a tremendous affect on him. 
Can Divit, my dear friends, had fallen in love with Sanem ALL OVER AGAIN and it only took just ONE SINGLE DAY!! And that's why that scene with him tickling her nose with the daisy while she was napping seemed to come out of nowhere to us...because his love for her did just that... it come out of nowhere, and magically appeared. But the only thing left now is for Can to figure out a way to get them back on track because Sanem is still in love with a man that he doesn't know how to be.

Strangely enough, Can and Sanem's current situation in this episode can be reflected in CeyCey's mental state during the course of the day. And this is why we should still have hope for our two love birds 🥰🥰 ...As you have probably figured out by now, CeyCey, our lovable but peculiar, mythical character plays a very important role in this love story: He symbolizes Can and Sanem's HEART. And it is clearly evident especially in this episode. Despite the sensual moment they shared, Sanem overhears Can tell his father he could not feel Sanem in his heart at first. Meanwhile, at the exact same moment Ceycey is feeling rejected and heartbroken as he feels compelled to be kicked out of his home with no place to go and is wondering the streets homeless... just like Can and Sanem are still not in each other's hearts...and therefore also in a way, homeless. However, the following day signs of hope start to appear. Can and Sanem spend the day together, and throughout the course of the day Can finds himself falling deeper and deeper into Sanem. During this time, Ceycey is feeling much better when he finds a temporary home at Nihat and Mevkeve's. Soon enough, when Can realizes he's in love with Sanem and opens up to her and tells her his feelings, CeyCey is happy once again and is able to return back home. So don't dispair, as long as CeyCey is around, there will always be a magical element to this love story.  And have faith that our two lovebirds will find their way back to each other and will have the happily ever after that they so much deserve.

Canem Forever ❤️❤️