Episode 41: I still love you

Sanem had once said "I believe that the prince in the fairytale will always love me...that he'll carry me in his heart through the darkness and through the light...that he'll prefer no one but me...and I believe that he'll find me, no matter what..."

Although Sanem now says she doesn't believe in fairytales any more, deep down inside she is still the same little dreamer she always was, who wants to be with her prince more than ever. We can only hope that, with Sanem in his heart, Can will navigate his way through the darkness and find her Love once again, just as she had always hoped for. But for our love birds to even begin to find their way back to each other, they must gain each other's trust and then help each other heal their emotional wounds. This can only happen if they show each other that they've learned from their past mistakes and can make significant changes in themselves for the better, especially in the communication department.

Fortunately, even though they argued a great deal in this episode, in every interaction they were alone together, we saw them finally communicating and showing some changes. And while they did this, Sanem would let the little dreamer inside of her come out, ever so slightly allowing us to believe that there is still hope for a happy ending in this fairy tale after all.

To start, when Can returned to the shore and met Sanem at the dock, he dropped his bag as if to say, "I'm here to stay", telling her he couldn't leave. If she no longer wanted him, wouldn't she have told him to leave? But she did not. Instead, she turned around to compose herself and hide her excitement. In the next few moments they would have to overcome their awkwardness and build up the courage to look into each other's eyes and risk showing their hidden truth, that they were still madly in love, but not ready to show it just yet...too much needed to be sorted out first. But Can's excuse that the boat broke down gave them both a credible, justifiable and acceptable explanation for his return, providing them both with a safe reason to be ok with him there and to allow themselves to feel hopeful again...a secret hope that in time they can forgive each other to start mending their hearts, and find their way back to each other.

Another example was when Can found Sanem on the dock taking her medication. When he asked her about it, she blamed him for all the pain and instability he had caused in her. She then turned her back to him. But instead of walking away, he did what Sanem had always wanted  him to do...to stay and talk things out. And even more encouraging, he apologized for what she had gone through. She quickly turned her head away from him to hide her smile as she didn't want him to see any sign of mercy. That little smile however, showed that she was surprised and hopeful that Can truly wanted to connect with her again and make amends. Something that she'd always wanted.

And perhaps the most hopeful of all moments happened right after their darkest moment, at the end of the photo shoot, when Sanem and Can's anger brought them to the point of no return...and told each other that they no longer had any faith left in their love and that they should each count themselves non-existent to the other...No sooner had they uttered those words, Can was running into the burning hut out of desperation to save his most precious belonging, perhaps the one thing that kept Can sane during the year of separation - Sanem's bandana, while Sanem was screaming hysterically fearing for his life and fearing she would lose him forever...all to demonstrate that those words they had said to one another just moments earlier, could not have been further from the truth.

This event will have a great impact on both Can and Sanem, and will act as a crucial turning point in their love story, because now they will realize that they both still care deeply about one another, renewing hope in their love. And with a little patience, understanding and forgiveness, as well as some gentle persuasion from their supporters, our love birds will come together again...and it will be beautiful...🥰🥰

Canem Forever ❤️❤️