Episode 14 Scene: Finding Pure Love

Can had enough. He was tired of the cat-and-mouse game Sanem was playing on him. One moment she made him feel over the moon, and the next he was feeling hopeless. He thought all those days of uncertainty were behind them... there weren't any other excuses to keep them apart. She was no longer engaged to Osman....he was no longer with Polen...she knew that he was her Albatross...she knew how much he loved her...And yet she could not admit that she loved him too. To even outright deny it, after everything they'd been through, it only added insult to injury. He knew she was in love with him...her eyes, her smile, her touch had told him so clearly. It was as plain as day. For heavens sake, she even said that when she found out he was her Albatross, her organs switched places! Seeing her creams labelled with the letter "C." on them made his heart melt knowing that she made them in memory of their special moments. If it had been any other time, he would have grabbed her, thrown her on the bed and kissed her so passionately. But her lying and telling him that they were named after her aunt, actually offended him, baffled him, made him feel downright angry. She was toying with his emotions and he just could not understand why.  She was shrouded in a mystery that he no longer had the patience nor the energy to solve. That was it. He couldn't take it anymore.  He felt that everything they had been through to be together was all in vain.

But Can shouldn't have been surprised one bit. After all, he had been forewarned in his dream with Sanem telling him so, not too long ago. The fact remained that she just didn't want to be with him. He would just have to accept that. He came to the conclusion that she was just too inexperienced to be in a relationship with him. She couldn't love him simply because she didn't know how to love him.

He needed to let her go. She had made him distressed, especially during their last interaction. But going out for drinks with Deren that evening to unwind didn't help matters. He just couldn't stop thinking about her. He realized that it would take some time for him to get over Sanem.

When he got home it was very late. As he entered the house, he noticed the patio doors at the back were open and wondered if Emre was home. But as he approached the doors, it was not his brother that he would find. Instead, it would be the most unexpected serendipitous encounter he would ever experience... witnessing his dream come to life.

For when he reached the doors and looked outside, he saw a pearly-white figure that shimmered in a hazy bright light sitting in the middle of the garden, her back towards him... Slowly the figure came into focus. She was so beautiful, a vision in white that he couldn't even touch.

It was his angel—Sanem—who had come to him, exactly like she appeared in his dream, wearing the same white dress and sitting in the exact same position.  Then he realized that he too was wearing the same white clothing that he wore in his dream. He suddenly wasn't sure of what was real and what was not. Was his mind playing tricks on him? Was he hallucinating? He only had one drink so he knew it wasn't the alcohol. He stood at the doors for a few moments gazing at her, mesmerized by her. His heart went out to her. Was she real or just an illusion brought about by his wishful thinking. If she was an illusion, he must have been dreaming. But if she was real, well, he was convinced it was Fate. He wasn't sure how this would play out in real life, so with a great deal of courage he stepped out into the yard, and into the dream, and cautiously walked towards her.

As Can reached her, she turned her head when she felt his presence and looked up at him with serene eyes. His muscles tightened in response. He gazed at her affectionately with a glint in his eye. She was so innocently beautiful, with the disordered waves of her hair falling around her face, her bare shoulders peaking out from the ruffled neckline of her dress.  He would have liked to photograph her this way, sitting on the lawn with her head turned toward him, a cherry caught in her fingers. She was as real and as beautiful as a single white rose growing in a secret garden. Except this rose, he would soon discover, would have no thorns but her secrets would remain hidden, deep within the folds of her petals.