Episode 20 So Glad I Have You:Tea & Kisses

Tea...among the many health benefits, is also very good for the heart.  It's no wonder why then tea is one of the many beautiful themes in this love story. For that reason, Can and Sanem's encounter at the tea station may be more significant than you initially thought. Was it just two coworkers having tea together...Or was it more? Did you get the feeling that when they were talking about the tea, they were actually talking about something else? We're all aware that both Can and Sanem have this infatuation with tea. It's the one thing they share in common right from the beginning...it's their thing. And he likes it. He desires it. And he likes that Sanem likes it the same way that he does. Every morning Can drinks the tea that Sanem brews for him. They sometimes drink it together. We've often seen Can drink Sanem's tea from her cup, even steal it from her on occasion. It's very romantic.  So it would then seem so fitting that Can uses the tea as a metaphor for something else ....something they might have shared from the night before...something that obviously meant a lot to them both ... yes, their Kiss. That magical kiss that was the turning point to their friendship was obviously still on Can's mind and he needed to talk about it even after all the commotion that had happened afterwards. Was the kiss a momentary lapse in judgement or did it really mean something? So, what a more poetic moment to talk about it than over a cup of tea.

When Can and Sanem coincidentally meet at the tea station, their hands touch simultaneously as they both reach for the tea kettle...and they are instantly drawn to each other, spellbound. The tea, just like the kiss, is the special bond that brings them together. The burning sensation (from the kettle) finally jolts them back to reality. Sanem burns her hand and Can shows her to lick her finger to alleviate the pain, conveniently bringing our attention to his lips and making us wonder if he was also tempted to do so himself. They share a special moment as they pour the tea and drink it together. He tells her that he knows she didn't brew the tea because it wasn't the desired colour and when she doesn't brew the tea, it has no taste...but what he really was telling her was that he only desired the taste from her kiss, and a kiss from any other would mean nothing to him. He then goes on to say that one who hasn't had this "tea" in a while would miss it's scent and also would miss how the "tea" would have tasted on his lips which of course we know what he was insinuating...especially after giving her a few thirsty looks, while gazing into her eyes, at her lips, at her neck. At this point Sanem realizes what he's really referring to and plays along responding to his flirtation saying that she feels funny when he whispers these things in her ear. Then she asks him if she should brew another tea or if they should drink something else to which he replies, "we shouldn't drink anything else for a while (referring to the alcohol) because you may regret it". Without thinking, as she is distracted by his allure she admits that she doesn't regret it...But then feeling embarrassed quickly redeems herself and agrees that she did regret it and blames herself for getting drunk and making him feel uncomfortable... Well, I doubt he was that uncomfortable as the next thing he says is "do you want to go to the room?" Was that tongue in cheek, or did he really mean back to his office to get back to work...we will never know...But in any case, the truth is out. They established that the kiss was not a mistake. She admitted that although she was under the influence, she didn't regret kissing him, and he admitted that he liked the taste of her kiss and that he missed it.

So there you have it folks...Can and Sanem have taken their first step off the road of friendship and are now heading towards the freeway of Love...and it was all said and done over a simple cup of tea. 💕

Canem Forever ❤️❤️