V

"So we have a child now." I said looking at the green child in the metal basket.

"It is not our child." The Mandalorian said automatically.

"You do realize that the moment you stopped the droid from killing it you became the legal guardian right." I said looking at the Mandalorian.

"Welcome to daddy life." I said chucklingly before patting his shoulder and turning around walking away from the two. The Mandalorian turned to where I was leaving before starting to question me.

"Where are you going?" He asked me watching my next couple of moves closely.

"Outside to get some fresh air, if you haven't notice its quite dusty in here." I said in a bored tone.

"Outside to get some air or to process what we just did." He challenged.

"No, there is no we. What you did. You are the one who pulled the trigger." I said before crossing my arms.

"So, you are saying that you wouldn't have stopped the bounty droid?" He questioned.

"It's a mission." I replied with causing him to turn back towards the child. I've never not gone out through with a mission. If I was getting paid it didn't matter. But this time was different. The asset wasn't just someone who didn't pay their share, this time it was a child. On top of that this was as much of the Mandalorian's mission as it was mine.

"Okay, so what now." I said wanting to change the subject.

Going all the way back without riding on a blurrg was a pain. It was the same scenery everywhere I looked. Just rocks. Apparently the Mandalorian knew where he was going so he took the lead. The basket that the child was in followed in between us. The child looked around in awe of his surroundings. This made me wonder when was the last time it was outside. Or even if it has ever been outside for that matter. I was so deep in my thoughts about the child that I didn't realize the Mandalorian had stopped walking and started to look around. My confusion came to a resolution when unknown beings jumped out attacking us. I heard the familiar beeping of the tracker fob coming from one of the beings meaning that they must be bounty hunters. Two of them went after the Mandalorian after he had pushed the child's basket away from the chaos. One of the beings came towards me. I smirked knowing that this was gonna be fun. I took out my knifes before going to work. The being came towards me with a spear like weapon but I wasn't scared. I quickly overpowered him before knocking his weapon out of his hand. I lunged towards him slicing quickly through his carotid artery causing him to start to choke on his blood. One of the beings ran towards the child raising his weapon to strike. I acted fast and threw one of my knifes straight into his back where his spinal cord should be. All of his movements stopped as his weapon dropped. The Mandalorian took out the biggest gun he had before shooting at the being causing it to disintegrate.

"Just a mission huh." The Mandalorian said before looking at the tracking fob that the being once had.

It was until later on that night that I realized the Mandalorian actually got hurt. Not hurt to the point of not being able to continue but enough to cause us to momentarily stop. At this point it was almost night fall with little light coming from the nearest star. We all sat in silence as the Mandalorian tried to cauterize his wound. From the corner of my eye I could see the child getting up from his basket and walking towards the Mandalorian. The child raised his arm towards the Mandalorian's wound as if he was trying to touch it. The Mandalorian turned his head towards the child before picking it up and putting it back in the basket. As the Mandalorian was messing with the wires of the control panel on his wrist the child started to coo next to him. Yet again it was out of its basket trying to reach for the wound. The Mandalorian picked up the child before putting it back into its basket. He gave the child one more look before pushing a button on his panel causing the top of the basket to close.