XL

Grogu looked up at the sound of the door opening. Upon seeing that it was Din and I he cooed and raised his hands that were cuffed together. I had my bow raised towards Moff Gideon, ready to shoot. But it was too risky, even if I did managed to shoot him he could let go of the darksaber causing it to hurt Grogu.

"You're alive," he spoke as surprise was painted across his face. I didn't bother to answer him as Din and I walked into the room. His caused Moff Gideon to lower the darksaber closer to the child. "Drop the blaster and the bow. Slowly." Din and I had no choice as we knew that in this moment Moff Gideon was desperate. He would do whatever he had to do to make it out, even if that meant hurting Grogu.

We both laid our weapons on the ground before Moff Gideon told us to kick it towards him. Din kicked his blaster towards the man but I raised two fingers using the force and flicking it towards Moff Golden. His eyes narrow in on my bow as he realized I didn't touch the bow to flick it to him. He looked up at me before he spoke, "You've gotten stronger."

"It's always been there. Looks like it took one of your dark troopers killing me to light the flame." Moff Gideon thought for a moment before he hummed, "It appears so."

"Give us the kid." Din said next to me. "The kid is just fine where he is." Moff Gideon spoke towards Din. "I think he'd say otherwise." I spoke as I tried to connect to Grogu's thoughts. For a mere second I was able to see something. I saw Grogu being poked with needles as they took his blood. At the faint memory from him my blood started to boil. The hands at my sides formed into fist as they started to shake. "You disgust me." I spat towards Moff Gideon as the lights above us started to flicker. Moff Gideon looked up before looking down at me. He swooped the darksaber down in front of Grogu's face causing me to hold my breath. He chuckled when he saw the lights had stopped flickering. "Looks like I found your trigger."

I glared at him as he continued to speak, "Mesmerizing, isn't it? Used to belong to Bo-Katan." At the mention of her name Din looked at Moff Gideon and away from Grogu. "Yes. I know you've been traveling with Bo-Katan. A friendly piece of advice, assume that I know everything. Like the fact that your wrist launcher has fired it's one and only salvo." He said towards Din.

"What's your point?" I interrupted as I was over Moff Gideon's games. "This is the point. I'm guessing that Bo-Katan and her boarding party have arrived at the bridge, seeking me or, more accurately, this." He said as he held up the darksaber. "But I'm not there. And I imagine that they've killed everyone on the bridge, being the murderous savages that they are."

"So you're screwed then." I said as a matter of fact. "On the contrary Calyptra, they're beginning to panic. You see, she wants this. Do you know why? Because it brings power. Whoever wields this sword...has the right to lay claim to the Mandalorian throne." I knew something about Bo-Katan wasn't right. She definitely left out that detail. But it all made sense now, she didn't come here to help us get Grogu, she only came for the sword.

"You keep it. We just want the kid." Din said to which I nodded. If I was being honest I could care less as to who ruled Mandalore. Moff Gideon looked at the darksaber before looking at the child. "Very well." He closed the dark saber back up as he put it to his side. "I've already got what I want from him. His blood. All I wanted was to study his blood. This child is extremely gifted and has been blessed with rare properties that have the potential to bring order back to the galaxy." We all looked at Grogu as he spoke of the child. What kind of order could the blood of a kid bring, Moff Gideon was more than crazy.

"Furthermore, I'd love to see what your blood holds." I looked up at Moff Gideon as I knew he was talking to me. "You rising back from the death is practically unheard of." Din interrupted his speech as he step in front of me, "Not a chance, now the child." Moff Gideon smiled sickly at Din before he spoke his next works, "It's funny how you want to protect her now, when you couldn't do it right the first time around."