XI

We were as ready as we were going to be. The village and I was waiting for the Mandalorian and Cara to bring the 'party'. The stars had covered the sky by now with the darkness surrounding us. The quiet air was almost peaceful. That was until the realization of why everyone was quiet came.

"Where are they?" Omera asked as she was stationed next to me considering she was the best shooter out of her people.

"They'll come." I said looking through the scope of one of the Mandalorian's gun.

"What if they didn't make it. What if they got trapped. This wasn't a good i-."

"Hey, you may not be a fighter. But in that world you trust your teammates. They said they would be back." I said snapping at her.

"I'm not a fighter." She said counter attacking.

"That doesn't mean you can't have hope." I said causing her to bite her tongue.

There was a moment of silence between us before I heard her voice next to me.

"What are you to the Mandalorian?"

"Excuse me." I said not breaking my concentration from the forrest ahead of us.

"It's obvious that the child see you as a motherly figure." She said causing me to think of the child that was hiding in a bunker underground with the rest of the kids.

"I just want to make sure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes." Omera said causing me to look away from the woods and turn towards her.

"Omera, I do not care what you do with our fellow Mandalorian. My priority is the child. The Mandalorian and I found the child together. Therefore, there is bound to be some form of relationship between us, romantic or not. But, I can assure you, as if it's any of your business, that there is nothing going on between the Mandalorian and I. Now shut up and focus on what's about to happen. And if I had really have gotten annoyed with you 'stepping on my toes' you would have been dead by now." I said before turning my gaze back towards the woods. I took Omera's silence as her letting it go.

I felt the ground start to shake beneath me before I started to hear blasters. 

"Everyone, get ready." I yelled as I saw the two figures of the Mandalorian and Cara running towards the pit the we were stationed in. The Mandalorian and Cara both slid into the pit. Cara was on my right and the Mandalorian was stationed to my left, separating me between Omera. 

"This is it. Once that things steps into the pond, its goin down." Cara said next me to.

"I'm gonna need a drink after this."  I said mumbling to myself while looking in the scope.

"I'm buying." Said the Mandalorian causing me to smirk.

"Deal."

The trees started to fall in the distance as if they weighted nothing. 

"Weapons ready."

The steps on the ground started to become louder and louder like the earth was going to give out beneath us. In the distance red lights started to appearance in the high trees, finally breaking through looking for targets to shoot. I held my breath in awe. I haven't seen a AT-ST in a while.

"Just a few more steps." Said the Mandalorian as the AT-ST got closer to the pond. Right before it took one step into the pond it lowered its foot back down to the ground, staying put.

"It stopped." Cara murmured.

The AT-ST suddenly turned on a bright white light scanning the area.

"Get down. Get down." The Mandalorian whispered sternly to everyone. However, it was too late. The AT-ST saw targets and started to fire.

"Caben. Stay there." Omera yelled toward the men that were shot at by the AT-ST.