XVI

Before I could get my hands around Mayfield's throat the ship started to rock rigorously causing everyone to loose their balance and hold on to whatever they could. Suddenly the ship quickly dipped to its side causing Mayfield to let go of the child. I dove forward catching the child before he hit the floor, letting my shoulder take the fall.

Well, that's gonna bruise.

The ship gave one last dip as we heard Zero's voice ring through the ship, "Coupling confirmed. We are down."

Din offered me his hand which I thankfully took to bring me back to my feet. I looked at the child checking for any injuries quickly before Din took him and put him back into the safe room. Looks like the child is out the bag.

"That useless droid didn't even us a proper countdown." Xi'an said hunched over. Burg must of also felt some type of way as he started to toss some crates in frustration. But I could care less about them. I turned to look at Din who was already looking at me. Them finding out about the child was not the plan.

"Z, are you sure they can't see us?" Mayfield asked through his common links.

"The Razor Crest is scrambling our signature, and I'm inside the prison system. It's impressive that this gunship has survived the Empire without being impounded."

"Alright, we got a job to do, Mando, you're up." Mayfield said causing Din to walk forward to open the hatch. Mayfield's glaze lingered over to me only to receive a glare in return. Xi'an walked up behind Mayfield before whispering some words and looking at Burg.

"Anything you wanna share," I said crossing my arms over my chest looking at the three. Din's attention turned towards me, now curious as to what I was going on about.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Xi'an said before giving me a sly smile. She gave off one final giggle before walking to where Din was. After hearing a couple more beeps the hatch door opened causing a bright light to enter the dark room we were in.

"It's me?" Mayfield questioned as Xi'an and Burg looked at him.

"It's always you." Burg said causing Mayfield to go down into the ship after checking to make sure the coast was clear. Xi'an jumped in next followed by Burg. I turned my gaze away from the door that behold the room that the child was in before getting ready to jump down, only to be stopped by Din.

"You okay?" I heard his voice ask quietly.

I gave him a confused look causing him to nod his head at my shoulder.

"Oh, it'll be okay. Not the first time I've gotten a bruised up."

"Something tells me it isn't going to be the last." Din said with a sigh causing me to smile and wink before jumping down into the prison ship. A couple of seconds later I heard a thud from Din as he had join the rest of us on the ship.

"All right, we're on the clock. Second we engage those droids they're gonna be all over us." Mayfield said on edge.

"I know the drill." Din said looking around our surrounding on high alert.

"Bio trackers activated. I've got eyes." Zero said giving us the final go.

"Alright, lets go." Mayfield said before taking the lead with Din behind him. As we were pacing down the hallways I could help but notice the different beings looking out the small wholes in there cells hoping to be broken out, only for us to walk right pass them. Some of them looked harmless, but I know to never judge a murder by the face they wear.

"I don't like this." Din said out loud in front of me. I couldn't help but agree, there were no droids in sight since we step on this ship so far.

"You always were paranoid." Xi'an said next to me.