XVII

Dragging Xi'an through the halls wasn't fun. I was way too tired to carry her and levitating her wasn't an option, that is if I didn't want to pass out. As I rounded the corner to see a familiar man in beskar I let out a sigh in content. He must've heard me coming as I saw him turn his head to look at me. Barely noticeably I saw his tense shoulders fall.

"Took you long enough."

"Oh please, I just like to take time with my prey." I said as I let go off Xi'an's leg causing it to fall with a heavy thud.

"Worried?" I questioned walking up close to him.

"No."

"Missed me?"

"Calyptra, now is not the time." He said causing me to roll my eyes before dropping the subject.

"Where's the rest of them." I asked causing him to point to the cell. Sure enough Burg and Mayfield were already in there. Burg was out cold laying on a bench and Mayfield was sitting down tied up.

"Where's the other one?"

"We"ll met up with him?" Din said causing me to nod.

"Well let's get them locked up."

We approached slowly as we walked down the hallway Qin was on that lead back into the Razor Crest.

"Qin." Din called out making him stop climbing the stairs.

"You killed the others."

"They got what they deserved." Din said causing Qin to pull out this blaster on us. But we saw this coming and aimed our blasters at him. He knows this is a fight he can't win.

"You kill me, you don't get your money. Whatever Ran promised, I make sure you get it, and more. Come on, Mando. Be reasonable, huh?" Qin said as he tossed his weapon to the ground surrendering.

"You were hired to do a job, right? So do it. Isn't that your code?" Qin said with his arms out waiting to be tied with restraints. "Aren't you a man of honor?" He question Din. I looked out the corner of my eye to see that Din had lowered his blaster now.

Din was going to follow out through with the mission. I guess some things never change. But I trust him. I approached Qin as he started to laugh knowing that he had gotten through to Din. I quickly restrained his hands before kneeing him in the stomach causing him to fall to the ground with a groan.

"Just because he won't kill you doesn't mean I won't." I whispered harshly in his ear before climbing up the stairs and not looking back.

However when I climbed up into the Razor Crest something felt off. I turned to my left seeing Zero in front of the safe room with the door that was now open.

The Child.

Before I could drawl my blaster to shoot Din had shot at Zero causing sparks to fly from hitting his mechanics. Zero fell to the ground revealing the child. He cooed at the sight of Din and I. Din walked forward to pick him up before walking over to me.

"We need to talk," He said hesitantly.

"Later." I said as I took the child from him that was already reaching for me. 

"You have a prisoner to return." I said before walking away.

We were back at the hangar in no time. Din returned Qin to Ran while I waited in the cockpit with the child. I raised him up from my knee that I was bouncing him on to get a good look at him.

"Guess what I learned I could do today." I said causing him to look at my wide eyed.

"Levitate." I said causing him to turn his head in confused. I took the metal ball that was in his hand before making it float in mid air. He gave out a small gasp causing me to laugh lightly at his response.