XXXIX

Today was the day. We were going to get Grogu back.

If I was being honest, I felt different. Maybe it was because I knew that today was it. We were going to confront Moff Gideon. However, knowing how he was he had to have something up his sleeve.

He just had to.

"Are you ready?" I broke away from my deep thought at the sound of Din's voice. I gave him a small smile as I stood up, "Ready as I'll ever be." Din took my hand before softly rubbing his thumb over the top of my hand. Din dropped my hand as I went to reach for my bow and withdrawing an arrow in the process. Din pulled out his blaster as I lined up my arrow, pointing it at the door. I gave Din one final nod, telling him I was ready.

The door slid open revealing Dr. Pershing and two pilots. One of the pilots spoke up as Din and I walked in, "Before you make a mistake, this is Dr. Pershing."

"We're well aware." I spoke as Din continued for me, "Is the kid alive?" Dr. Pershing being him didn't hesitate, answering Din. I couldn't help but mentally roll my eyes as he was an amateur at this. If I was him I wouldn't have dared to answer Din's question, as it would he given him a bit of an upper hand. "Yes. He's on the cruiser." As soon as Dr. Pershing spoke those words the pilot from behind him grabbed him quickly, as he pulled a blaster at Dr. Pershing's head. This caused Cara to come out from behind Din and I. "Stay back, Dropper."

"Easy, pal. Okay?" The other pilot said as he understood that they were the ones in trouble. "I'm not with him. We can work something out." The pilot that was behind Dr. Pershing shot at the other pilot, killing him instantly. I couldn't say that I was surprised as the Empire was full on backstabbing scum. "Drop your weapon," Cara spoke towards the only standing pilot.

"No. No, you listen to me. This is a top-tier target of the New Republic. This is a clone engineer. And if they find out he's dead because of you, you're gonna wish you never left Alderaan." The man chuckled bitterly before he continued, "I saw the tear. You wanna know what else I saw? I saw your planet destroyed. I was on the Death Star." I quickly glanced at Cara to only see no emotion on her face. But I knew Cara, I knew this hurt her. "Which one?" Cara mocked only for the pilot to retaliate. "You think you're funny? Do you know how many millions were killed on those bases?"

"Drop your blaster."

"As the galaxy cheered?"

"Last chance," Cara warned the man only for him to continue. "Destroying your planet was a small price to pay to rid the galaxy of terrori-." Before the pilot could finish his sentence I released my arrow. The arrow hit him straight in his head causing Dr. Pershing to scream at the sight. "I had enough of him talking, how about you?" I spoke as I lowered my bow. Cara turned to look at me giving me a small nod of thanks before walking out the room. Din walked further into the room, handcuffing Dr. Pershing as he watched me. I was about to ask him what his staring was for when he spoke.

"You're alive?" A small smirk came to my face at his words. I was right, it really looks like everyone from the Empire thought that I was still dead. "I am." Dr. Pershing opened his mouth as he started to stutter questions, however, I held up my hand stopping him. "Not now, we have more pressing matters." I said as I looked at him, slightly glaring. "Isn't that right Mando."

I heard Din sigh as he knew I was throwing shade at him. He knew I was not too fond of us asking Bo-Katan and the other Mandalorian for help. But from what Din said she would be willing to fight with us. "Calyptra." Din spoke as he walked up to me as he pulled on Dr. Pershing's cuffs to follow. "She'll be great use to us." I hummed at his words before I walked out the room, ahead of the two.

In no time, thanks to hyperspace, we were able to get to the planet that Bo-Katan was on. I still wasn't sure as to if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Cara and Fennec agreed to stay on Slave 1 as Din, Boba Fett, and I went to the tavern that Bo-Katan was located in. Before we walked in Din nudged me telling me to behave. I rolled my eyes slightly at his words before I spoke, "As long as she doesn't try me we won't have a problem." Din dropped the conversation as he knew me well enough that I would stick to my word.