VII

Nightfall started to roll in as we made our way back to the Mandalorian's ship with the parts. The cool freezing desert temperature came in slowly as the sun faded away.

I turned my head looking down at the child that was sleeping in its basket. The child had yet to wake up from the incident earlier. Would it ever wake up is the question. I had yet told the Mandalorian about the wound the child had healed on him. With everything going on in the past couple of days his wound is probably logged deep in his memory forgotten. But not for me, I saw the child heal a man as if it was nothing. I knew the child was special from that moment but I didn't know the extent. That was until I saw it pick up a mudhorn into the air. I sighed before looking up at the stars that started to appear.

"What's on your mind?" Said the man in front of me.

I shook my head even though I knew he couldn't see me from behind. He must have took my silence as saying that I didn't want to talk about it. Minutes later of silence had pasted between us before I heard his voice again.

"The child will be okay."

"I sure hope so."

A couple of miles later we had made it back to the Mandalorian's ship. By this time Kuiil had a light attached to his blurrg lighting the way, so the darkness wouldn't swallow us whole.

"There's no way we're going to get this to work without a full maintenance facility. This is gonna take days to fix." The Mandalorian said walking up to his ship getting a good look of it.

"If you care to help it might go faster." Kuiil said before handing the Mandalorian a part. I saw this as a message to get to work as well as I got down off the flatbed. I must've made a face of pain as I got off the flatbed.

"You're injured." Said the Mandalorian.

"How observant you are." I replied with in a bored tone. Just as I was about to grab a part for the ship the Mandalorian beat me to it.

"You need to rest. Trying to fix the ship will only make it worse." He said

"Fixing this ship is the only way we are getting out of here." I said as I tried to take the part that was in the Mandalorian's hand. However, the Mandalorian saw it coming and moved his hand that contained the part back. This caused me to lean forward causing tension in my ribs. I groaned at the aching pain that came from my ribs.

"What happened?" Kuiil said as he gained interest in the Mandalorian's and I conversation.

"Mudhorn." Was all I said.

"You need to rest and regroup. Heavy moving and lifting will delayed any healing." Said Kuiil. I opened my mouth ready to stand my ground until Kuiil spoke again.

"I have spoken."

Did Kuiil just 'I have spoken' me and walk away. The Mandalorian must have saw the fire that started to rise in my eyes before speaking.

"The child may wake up while we are working. It will be better if it wakes up to a familiar face." The Mandalorian said looking down at me.

"Fine." I said before going back to the flatbed I was once on before laying down trying to get some sleep.

The Mandalorian and Kuiil were working all night. By the time they were finishing up it was mid afternoon. The child had still yet woken up. By this time the child and I had moved from being in the dead heat into the restored ship. The ship looked as good as new.