Ch. 19

Jungkook and Taekwon were shopping together, buying some ingredients for their hotpot dinner. Taekwon was sitting inside the cart, looking around for food he would like.

"Do you want anything, Taekwon?"

"Can we get banana milk?"

"Is that it?"

"Yeah! Buy three! But daddy likes strawberry, so buy only two banana milk!"

"Alright~"

Jungkook chimes, poking Taekwon's cheek. They both went to the snacks aisle, and got two banana milk, and one strawberry. The two continued to look for ingredients, having some little chats about Taekwon receiving more letters and cookies.

"You're so popular, Wonnie~"

"Got it from daddy~!"

Jungkook stiffles a laugh, ruffling Taekwon's hair.

"Well, we have everything already. Let's pay for—"

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook pauses, internally groaning. Just hearing that feminine, high pitched voice made him want to run away. But he didn't.

Instead, he slowly turns, giving a blank look towards his mom.

"Hello, mom. It's been a while."

"Oh don't be like that.. Jungkook, it's been two years... When are you coming home? When will you live with us again?"

"I don't call a random man's house a home."

"Jungkook...! He's your dad.."

"No, he isn't. He is a stranger and I don't accept him. I'd rather live with my real dad, but I don't know where he is. If only I did—"

"Please Jungkook..! Don't leave me too!"

Mrs. Jeon cries, hugging Jungkook.

"Let me go. Don't make a scene here."

Mrs. Jeon sighs, wiping her tears. Jungkook looks behind her and glares at his stepdad. His stepdad gave him a small nod, and awkwardly smiles.

"Jungkook... It's nice to see you."

".... I'm leaving. It wasn't pleasant seeing the two of you."

"J-Jungkook—"

"Leave me alone. Can't you see? I'm busy."

Mrs. Jeon looks at the cart, and sees Taekwon look away. Even his stepdad looked confused, he couldn't stop looking back and forth towards Taekwon and Jungkook.

"W-who...?"

Jungkook smirks, turning away and walks to Taekwon's side.

"He's... My son."

_________

Jungkook spaced out, staring at the hotpot in front of him. Taehyung who was beside him grabbed meat, and put it in front of his mouth, but Jungkook still didn't budge.

Taehyung glanced at his son, who was happily eating veggies and meat.

"Wonnie, did something happen while I wasn't here? What's wrong with Jungkook?"

"I don't know, daddy. Jungkook met his mommy and  boom! Kookie is angry now."

Taehyung hums, looking back at Jungkook who still is spaced out. Taehyung sighs, and blows air in Jungkook's ear causing him to jump.

"Wah! That feels weird, Taehyung!"

"You're the one acting weird. What's wrong? Is it really because of you bumping into your mom? Aren't you happy you saw your mom?"