Ch. 44

"How's that, grandpa?"

Taekwon asks, after throwing a whole hand of salt on the grass.

"Hmm... You're still at level one when throwing salt, Taekwon."

Mr. Kim chuckles, ruffling Taekwon's hair who pouts.

Taehyung had decided to take Taekwon with him to his parents house, so they can get along more. It wasn't a bad idea since Taekwon seems to really enjoy his time with his grandparents.

Jungkook on the other hand, decided to spend time alone with his mother. Both needed some time alone to talk, and to get their mother and son bond back.

Mrs. Kim came back from the kitchen, and bought a tray of snacks and drinks. She sat beside Taehyung and watched her husband and grandson get crazy and destroy their backyard.

"Aren't you going to tell them to stop?"

"Hm? Why should I? They both seem to enjoy throwing salt together. It's a good sight to see them bonding."

"You were always very strict about your backyard. Why are you so easy about it now?"

"Once you get grandchildren, you don't really care about anything anymore."

"I see.."

Mrs. Kim turns to Taehyung.

"How come Kookie isn't with you guys?"

".. He wanted to be alone with his mom. Also, don't call him Kookie."

"I'm calling him Kookie. Plus, Kookie was the one who told me I can call him like that~"

Mrs. Kim said, childishly sticking her tongue out at her own son.

"That's because Jungkook's too nice."

Taehyung mumbles, turning away. He sees Taekwon crazily throwing salt everywhere, as his grandpa encourages him.

"Why is he so obsessed with throwing salt? Shouldn't we stop him?"

"Taehyung, it's fine. He's still a kid, he's enjoying what he likes to do. He might grow out of it, or maybe not. Who knows?"

"He just keeps wanting salt. He even threw salt at my ex."

"He did? Oh my gosh! What a good thing to hear!"

Mrs. Kim laughs, banging the table. Taehyung sighs, shaking his head.

"Also, Taehyung.. You keep complaining about your son throwing salt, but we never complained when you kept throwing salt at our neighbours when you were a kid."

"What are you talking about? I never threw salt."

"You were the one that started it. Your dad only began throwing salt because you got him into it."

"No, I didn't."

"I have evidence, Kim Taehyung."

"I don't remember."

"We might've had problems when you were growing. But when you were still a naive child, you were obsessed with using salt as your weapon to scare strangers off."