2. My new life.

Madison's Pov.

Growing up my parents were very secretive and they still are. If I would start asking why my hair is brown when the have strawberry blonde they would say 'That is just the way you were born' or 'maybe you got switched at birth.' My parents were never welcoming of me. They treated me as if I was the plague. They would take their children that looked like them to big events and fun family gatherings and leave my home alone. Not that I have a problem with being alone.

"We are leaving now So the dishes better be done with the rest of your chores by the time we get back, Madison!" My mother said loudly from the couch.

"The dishes are done mom and so are the rest of the chores" I said as I left the kitchen. She made me feel like an ant that has been squashed a bazillion times and nobody even cared.

I walked into my parents room and looked at the scenery. Their room was filled with photographs of family members, everyone but me. There were pictures of my siblings that were professionally taken by their bedsides and on their walls. They kept my pictures in a box in their closet named ' useless memorabilia' . I was useless to them, out of everything they could think of I'm just useless? I help them cook, I clean for them. I'm like Cinderella , all I do is work and help but I'm still hated by my family. I don't get why they had me if they resented me so much.

As I look through the box of photos I noticed a small filing cabinet that had a key taped to the side of it. The key went to a padlock on the second drawer. I slid the key into the lock and slowly turned it. The locked popped open and I slid it off the cabinet.