7. The twisted story of a parents hate for their child.

Madison's Pov.

Hearing her say I had been her for over a month was terrifying. How could I have been in a coma for a month?

"Can I ask you a question?" I said. She turned and gave me a caring look.

"Yeah, what's your question" she said.

"Did my parents visit me?" I asked " I mean while I was in a coma?" I added.

"No they haven't been here since they were discharged from the hospital" she said.

"I figured as much" I said holding back the urge to cry.

"If it makes you feel any better I stayed with you the whole time you were here" she said.

"Yeah but that was out of pity! If my parents had been here you would have only been in my room when you needed to check up on me" I said "and don't tell me other wise" I added.

"I did not stay with you out of pity, I stayed with you to make sure you lived. And to make sure that if you didn't you weren't alone when you... you know, died" she said sounding a little hurt.

"I'm sorry, I don't know any adults who sit in the same room as me because they want to" I said.

"What does that mean Madison?" She asked.

"My parents have resented me from the beginning of my life" I said "I thought it was because I looked different but I guess it was because they chose the wrong child to adopt" I said.

"You were adopted?" She asked.

"Yeah, I found out the day before the accident" I said "they even gave me my mother's last name, they couldn't dare have me share a last name with them" I said.

"They never should have started treating you the way they do!" She said in a angry tone. She gave me a sympathetic look and walked out of the room. She was the only person who actually cared when I told them about my parents cruel and unusual way of parenting.