43. L'ultima volta che ti vedro'

Meredith's Pov.
19 years earlier.

"You're leaving?" I asked, tears streaming down my face.

"I have too, I tried to get my mom to let me stay but she won't budge" Andrew said. His mom broke the news that they were moving back to Italy.

"I can't do this without you... you're 18 can't you stay!?" I asked.

"Where am I going to stay?" He asked.

"With me and my mom" I said. My voice broke again. I couldn't loose the one person who brightened my day.

"I-I want to but I-"

"So why can't you if you want too?" I asked. He hesitated but then answered.

"I have a girlfriend in Italy!" He said.

"You're lying, you don't have a girlfriend!" I yelled.

"I just thought it would be easier if I told you that" he said as he sat down on my bed. "I thought it would make it easier for you to let me leave" he said.

"Andrew, I'm pregnant" I said. "You can't leave me here with a baby to raise alone can you?" I asked.

"Don't lie to get me to stay, please" he said.

"Andrew, I'm serious!" I said. I grabbed the test and showed him.

"Wait, you were serious?" He asked.

"Y-yes, I found out two weeks ago and I didn't know how to tell you" I said. He came over and kissed me softly.

"I'm going to tell my parents I am staying and I am going to help you take care of our baby" he said. He kissed my head and ran down stairs. That was the last time I saw him. He stopped coming to school and answering my calls. He never planned on staying. I should have known better, but love can make you blind and stupid sometimes.