34. Dinner with a paitent

Meredith's Pov.

My shift ended at 7:30 and it was only 6:00. I was patiently waiting for my shift to end because I just wanted to go home. My day had been sort of boring. I had one surgery so I decided to check up on Madison.

"I'm back" I said.

"Didn't you have a surgery?" she asked.

"Yeah I had one earlier and that was it. I only had one all day" I said.

"Oh, that's make more sense" she said. "Can you grab me the menu out of the drawer I'm going to order something" she added.

"Yeah, sure thing" I said. I leaned over and grabbed the menu out of the drawer.

"Thank you Meredith!" She said gleefully. She browsed the menu quickly. "Do you want something?"

"No, I'm good but thank you" I said.

"You sure? You look like you haven't eaten today" she said. She was right I haven't eaten all day.

"I'm just going to look" I said.

"Ok just tell me what you want when you are done" she said giggling. I looked at the menus and ordered a sandwich. Within 5 minutes it was here.

"Do you want this pickle? I'm not feeling like eating pickles right now, they smell gross" I said.

"Sure, I love pickles. I find it weird that you don't" She said.

"Normally I do like them but I'm not feeling like it today" I said.

"How did I know I would find you here?" Alex said.

"I don't know, maybe because you used your brain?" I said sarcastically.

"Whoa it was just a question" he said. "What did you get" Alex said reading into the container and stealing one of my fries.

"If you touch any more fries I might have to hurt you, physically" I said.

"Jeez, sorry" he said.

"She hasn't eaten all day so I would listen to her" Maddie said.

"I had such a long day. I had six surgeries today and it felt like I was in surgery for a decade" Alex said.

"I had one so I guess I had a better day than you" I said.

"Lucky bitch I would kill for one surgery for a day" Alex said. We finished eating and talking about our days and 7:30 had finally rolled around.

"Well I am going home to see my kids and my bed, especially my comfortable bed" I said.

"Bye Mer!" Maddie said. I stood up and went to the attending's lounge. When I got there Amelia was sitting at the table with Maggie and Andrew. If corse he was here.

"Mer come sit with us relax before leaving" Maggie said.

"I'm good I'm going home" I said. I took off my scrubs one by one. First my I took off the top and replaced it with my shirt. It was sort of a skin tight shirt. I removed the bottoms and put on my black jeans.

"Are you sure Mer, Just sit and talk" Amelia said. When I turned Andrew was staring at me.

"Yeah I'm good" I said. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the room.

"Meredith!" Andrew said. God go away! He continued to follow me.

"Please just go away Andrew!" He continued to follow me. I decided to start running. I didn't want to talk to him. Not now and not any time soon.

"Meredith! I am faster than you" he said.