39. Big news.

Meredith's Pov.
One week later

Days have been getting longer and too unbearable to handle. Andrew finally took the hint to leave me alone and be stopped talking to me completely. People weren't noticing it which was good.

"Meredith, you look like you haven't slept in days!" Bailey said as she glanced at me. She was right I hadn't slept in two days.

"I haven't slept in two days, Bailey" I said. She gave me a funny look and sighed.

"Go take a nap Grey I can't have you screwing things up due to a lack of sleep" she said. I nodded and turned down the hall. I noticed an on-call room that was unoccupied and I walked in shutting the door behind me.

I climbed into the bed and quickly found myself drifting off to sleep. I awoke about two hours when I heard the door softly shut. "Oh sorry, I didn't know you were in here, I'll go find another room" Andrew said.

"No, I actually wanted to talk with you about something" I said. I hopped off the top bunk and turned on the little lamp.

"You actually want to talk to me?" He asked. He looked shocked. I took a deep breath and looked up at him. "Are you ok Mer?" He asked.

"Yeah, i'm fine, I'm just...." I said taking a pause.

"You're just what?" He said.

"I'm just pregnant!" I said. His eyes widened and I couldn't tell if he wanted to run or yell.

"Y-you're what?" He said in a state of shock.

"Pregnant, and if I'm being honest with you, I didn't want to get into a relationship because I didn't want to get hurt again" I said. I finally told him the truth. I was done being hurt by the people that I loved.

"I would never, Ever hurt you Meredith!" He said. "I have loved you since the day I met you" he added.

"I-I I don't know what to say" I said. I loved him too but he hurt me when he left the way he did.

"You hurt me when you left, it took me so long to rebuild myself after you" I said.

"I'm sorry Meredith I really am, please just forgive me!" He said. He started inching closer to me until he was so close I could feel his breath on my face.

"I love you too Andrew" I said letting myself go in his arms. He pulled me up for a kiss and then placed his hand on my stomach.

"I'm going to be a father! That is if you want the baby?" He stated. "Look whatever you decide I won't judge you for it, I will stand by your side through all of this" he said firmly.

"I'm keeping the baby" I said. "So in terms you are going to be a dad.

"How far along are you?"He asked. His face was lit up with excitement.

"About three months" I replied. His eyes widened.

"Wow! I'm that good that I get you pregnant on the first time" he said.

"Don't flatter yourself" I stated. "I have an ultrasound today, Do you want to come?" I asked. He nodded. "Let's go then because it's in 10 minutes" We walked out of the room and to the closest elevator. When the door opened Amelia was waiting inside.

"Hey guys, where are you going?" She asked.

"Um...I have a patent to check up on" I said.

"I have to pick up labs" Andrew said shortly after me.

"Mer, you look bloated! Is in that time of the month?" Amelia asked.

"Y-Yeah I-it is" I said. I am choosing not to tell anyone until I'm in my second trimester. Just to play it safe. I have been through a miscarriage before and I can't get peoples hopes up.

"I'll see you after then" she said as she stepped off the cart.

"Just so you know I don't plan on telling people until I'm in my second trimester" I said.

"I under stand that, most people don't" he replied. The ride was quick. We stepped off the cart and into the exam room down the hall. We waited a minute for the doctor to walk in and get settled.

"I hear there is a new OB/GYN" I said.

"Yeah I heard that too" he replied. "They are probably good though" he added.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Carina De-" she paused "Andreá? Non sei mai stato qui da sei mesi e stai gia'giocando con qualcuno?"
(You've never been here six months and you are already fooling around with someone?)

𝘼/𝙉:𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨, 𝙄 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙖 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙥 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙢𝙖𝙮 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙚𝙭𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙤 𝙞'𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙞𝙛 𝙞𝙩 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙞𝙩.