Chapter 5: A Sweet Character

Before school the next day, you sat in the classroom doodling in your notebook. You zoned out slightly, not paying attention to your surroundings. After a few minutes, you were snapped out of your trance when someone tapped you on the shoulder. After looking over your shoulder, you saw that person was Midoriya. 

"O-Oh! Midoriya! I didn't see you there!" You exclaimed, practically slamming your notebook shut. The green-haired boy looked down, embarrassed. "Sorry! I called your name a few times, but you didn't acknowledge me. I thought that you might be ignoring me..." He trailed off, twiddling his thumbs.

You smiled. "I would never ignore you, you're my friend!" You said, helping to cheer Midoriya up. His face lit up. "Really?! You mean it?" He asked, smiling brightly. You nodded. "Of course!" You answered. He excitedly wrapped his arms around you in a tight hug. You hugged him back, smiling contently. 

Eventually, the two of you let go of each other. You began having a casual conversation, learning more about each other. Slowly, people began filing into the classroom. As soon as Bakugo walked in, you scowled. You were still mad at him. "(L/N), about Kacchan..." Midoriya trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck as the ash-blonde glared at him from the other side of the classroom.

"H-He wanted me to tell you that he's sorry for what he did and he wants you to talk to him again." Midoriya finished, looking at the floor shyly. You sighed. "Well, if he really wanted to apologize, he would tell me himself." You said venomously, crossing your arms. Bakugo growled under his breath. 

"Fine. You want me to apologize? Here. I'm sorry about keeping you away from Dunce Face, alright? I was trying to protect you from him. He's a playboy." Bakugo said, with his arms crossed over his chest and a scowl on his face. You turned to him, an apathetic look on your face. "I found Kaminari to be quite nice, thank you very much." You said, turning away from the ash blonde again.

Bakugo growled, moving so that he was in your line of sight again. "Look, I said I was sorry. What else do you want from me?" He asked, slightly annoyed. You raised an eyebrow, amused. "Maybe apologize to Midoriya for yelling at him, then I might forgive you." You replied, smirking. He looked like you had just told him to kill his best friend. The ash-blonde rolled his eyes. "Fine." He growled, turning to Midoriya. 

"Deku I-... I'm s-... sorry." Bakugo spat out with great difficulty. Midoriya smiled warmly. "It's okay, I forgive you!" He said innocently, although the look on his face changed when you stopped looking. They both smirked at each other, nodding. Bakugo turned to face you again, crossing his arms again. "Happy?" He asked. You nodded contently. "Yup!" You answered.

~During Lunch~

As you were walking out of the classroom, you were tugged back by someone grabbing your sleeve. "Midoriya?" You asked, slightly confused. He rubbed the back of his neck shyly. "Sorry for just grabbing you like that! I was going to ask you if you wanted to have lunch with me outside..." He trailed off, looking at the floor. 

You placed your hand reassuringly on his shoulder. "Sure! Let's go!" You said cheerfully, carefully pulling the green-haired boy behind you. Midoriya's heart fluttered in his chest as his cheeks turned pink. You were so nice and cute and just so perfect. He could feel his heartbeat increase the further you led him. 

When the two of you finally got outside and set down, Midoriya couldn't help but be flustered. "Are you okay? Do you have a fever?" You asked, concerned for the poor boy's well-being. He jumped slightly. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine." He stuttered, shyly meeting your gaze. You smiled. "If you say so." You replied.

"You know, you can call me Deku if you want to..." Midoriya trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck. Looking up, you noticed that his blush had died down a little bit. "Well, then you can call me (Y/N)!" You replied happily. The green-haired boy smiled shyly, seeming content. The two of you went on eating since Midoriya was too shy to continue the conversation.

After a few minutes, he looks back up at you. "You've got some rice on your cheek. H-Here, let me get it for you!" He said, wiping your cheek gently with a napkin. A soft blush dusted your face. "Thanks..." You muttered, getting slightly flustered. Midoriya shrugged. "It's what friends do!" He replied cheerfully.

~A Few Minutes Later~

Midoriya smirked as you left. Everything was going perfectly. He watched as you walked away with an evil glint in his eyes. Bakugo walked up behind him. "So?" He asked his hands in his pockets. The green-haired boy turned around to face the angry ash-blonde. "Everything's going according to plan." He replied devilishly.

Bakugo leaned against the wall, looking over to Midoriya. The green-haired boy had an insane look in his eyes. "Good. I'll hold up my end of the deal." He said, walking away. The green-haired devil watched as he did so, his expression becoming serious. "You better." He muttered to himself, turning around and walking in the opposite direction.

~After School~

You sighed as you stepped out of the gates of U.A. A soft blush coated your features as you began thinking about Midoriya. He was such a sweetheart! Well, to you he was. You were snapped out of your thoughts as you bumped into someone. "S-Sorry! I didn't mean to- Bakugo?!" You exclaimed, backing up slightly. He rolled his eyes. "Yeah? Who'd you think it was?" He asked.

You rubbed the back of your neck shyly. "I dunno... I just didn't expect it to be you..." You quietly answered. He seemed to get annoyed. "What's that supposed to mean?!"

~

"What do you want me to do, exactly?" 

"I already told you. Just make sure you don't mess this up."

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Fine."

~

Happy New Year! I guess... Wow. Honestly, this year has passed way too quickly. This'll be the last chapter before 2020 so... yeah. I'm going to try and become more efficient and stuff. Probably going to cosplay more... Basically, hope you had a good year and wish you a great 2020! Buh-bye!