Chapter 26: Thatch the bad guy

Chapter Summary: Thatch, angered by the headmaster's actions take it upon himself to protect Casper. He does the only logical thing an underage vampire can do- he tells his mommy.

Casper wished he woke up to a pleasant morning. He wishes the day would start off great and he could have a great day, but wishes don't come true. The ghost was rudely woken up when the lid to Thatch's coffin was yanked open, light pouring in and making the ghost whine and cover his eyes, wincing from the bright light. He naturally turned away, pulling the cloak up more to try to shield himself from the light.

"Up! You're coming to our office right now!" Alder or Dash yelled. Casper couldn't tell due to just waking up. But the ghost got up after a moment, climbing out of the coffin. He, of course, brought the cloak with him, not daring to leave it in the coffin with no protection. As Casper blinked his eyes he soon noticed Thatch was also awake and by the door, looking pretty grouchy and tired. By the looks of it the vampire had a rude awakening too, but perhaps rude wasn't a strong enough word. Casper could only assume Thatch slept in a normal bed, and clearly, that had not set well with Thatch at all. The vampire looked rough and fuming, his violet eyes narrowed so hatefully, his mouth slightly open as he actually made a light hissing like sound. He looked like he was about to bite someone, so Casper went over and offered a friendly smile, and much to Casper's delight the vampire calmed down.

"Here," the ghost whispered he held out the cloak, which Thatch quickly took and draped it over his shoulders. He straightened the cowl then pulled the bat clasp from his pocket and put it on the cloak, hooking the cloak right in place. "What's going on?" Casper whispered as he watched the Headmasters move in their ever slow pace, starting to lead the two students along. Thatch and Casper fell into step behind them as they should, but far enough away to whisper to each other still without fear of being heard.

"I suspect they're going to try to get us in trouble for being attacked... Don't worry, I'll handle this." Thatch mumbled under his breath, his eyes narrowed at the back of the headmasters. Casper could tell Thatch was plotting something, but whatever it was was alluding him. The vampire knew something.

"You always 'handle' things... But how you can do this? You don't have any more blackmail on them like before." The ghost whispered, gently bumping into the vampire as they walked. Thatch tried his best not to smile, his glare was broken as he looked at the blue-eyed monster. Casper found comfort knowing he had the power of Thatch to calm the raging vampire. He didn't want their situation to get any worse than it was, and a mad vampire would certainly do that.

"Who needs blackmail when I got my mom?" The vampire grinned widely. "These two will regret this." Thatch said simply. He reached out, briefly brushing his ever warm hand to Casper's freezing 'skin' before they started to head up the metal staircase to the Headmaster's office. The pair kept their mouths shut now, not wanting to be overheard. The gargoyles were all sitting around the office doors, staring at them, judging them.

To Casper's surprise when they entered the circular office no one else was in there; no other student in the room. He didn't get it, why were they the only ones summoned? Why were they the only ones in trouble? Casper was nearly positive they didn't break any rules, but perhaps Alder and Dash were going to make up some rules they ever existed and said they broke them.

Casper peered up towards the elder monster as he took his seat behind his desk. The two-headed monster wasn't even looking at them, well uh, the smarter one wasn't. Casper could tell Dash was trying to be intimidating while Alder was blankly staring at them, watching them as if he was waiting for something to happen. It was a bit unnerving to be watched.

Casper nervously glanced around, and when he opened his mouth to speak he was instantly silenced by Dash. The ghost frowned, his eyebrows furrowing. He angrily crossed his arms over his chest. Okay, so he wasn't allowed to talk, wasn't that just lovely. They couldn't even ask why they were here in the first place. Luckily the standstill only lasted a few more moments.