Chapter 6

Shota Aizawa's pov

I sprinted down the hallway hearing Midnight and Present Mic following suit. I turned the corner fast and run to Misaki's open door. The guards weren't outside. I rammed into the room causing a bit of a scene. I gripped my scarf ready for battle, looking around for any sign of danger. The only thing I see is two guards leaning out a window with no glass, Misaki, laying in her bed looking terrified, and a doctor with two nurses, who looked completely helpless. I let go of my scarf and walk over to Misaki. I looked at her EKG and her vitals. Aside from a fast heart rate, she looked fine. I looked for any signs of harm.

"Misaki, are you alright? I heard a commotion." I said, continuing to look for anything wrong.

She just stared at me. She looked at me with an expression I couldn't quite place. Maybe she doesn't want to talk aloud?

'Misaki, are you alright? Can you speak?' I thought.

She blinked and came back to reality. "No, no I'm fine. I just...nothing, nevermind. I'm ok." She took a deep breath.

"What happened? Why is there no window?" I asked to no one in particular. Everyone shared glances with each other. The doctor looked at the nurses. The nurses looked at the guards. The guards looked at Misaki, Misaki looked at me. After a couple seconds of intense silence, one of the nurses spoke up.

"The EKG notified us that her heart rate was rapidly increasing to an unnaturally high rate. The rest of her vitals looked normal so we grabbed the doctor to check it out. When we got here, there was a man with many hands who had a hold of her. When we entered, he just stopped what he was doing and left. The guards came to get him but he disappeared." The nurse stated. She tightened her ponytail. I looked at the other nurse, who just simply nodded his head. I turned my attention back to Misaki She stopped looking at me. She looked up at the ceiling, horrified. As I looked at her, her chest began to rise and fall more rapidly.

"Shigaraki," She whispered. "He knows." She began to breathe faster and choked on her words a little. The nurses looked at each other and ran over to Misaki, the doctor quickly followed pursuit. She looked with pure fear as the medics approached her. She pushed herself up to get away. Normally I am not one to tell people how to do their jobs, but it's obvious nobody was thinking in the correct mindset at the moment to make rational decisions. I pushed my arm between the hospital staff and Misaki. I pushed them back.

"Give her space," I demanded. "In fact, I think it'd be best if everyone left the room for a second. Come on. Let's giver her a second to regroup, and then we will take care of the situation at hand, alright? Ok, let's go."

I began to head out with the other seven when I heard a voice in my head.

'Stay'

I looked back at her. She looked at me with pleading eyes. Her hair was everywhere and her lower jaw trembled. Her breathing was still heavy and she was still crying. She shivered every few breaths as she continued to look at me. I turned back to the group. "I am going to stay with her for a second," I said. I closed the door behind them. I turned and walked over to the foot of her bed. I took a seat and looked at her. Her breathing picked up a little more as she shook. She hiccuped and began to sob.

I looked at Misaki. She looked completely helpless. It was hard to believe this was the same girl I arrested 20 hours earlier. The one who did nothing but make snarky comments while getting arrested. I'm not completely sure how to solve this situation. I only knew that she wanted everyone out. I didn't really know where to go from here. I glanced back up at her. She sobbed and brought her knees up to her chest and buried her head. Fully unaware of whether or not I was about to make the right decision, I reached out both my hands for her to hold onto.