Chapter 31

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

"Alright, put your pencils down,"

Shit. I had 6 questions left. Screw it, they're all C. I scribbled them in and slammed my pencil down. I looked up and Eraser blinked.

"Thank you," I said. I sighed, handing my test in. I groaned. "It was weird to not hear anything for so long,"

"Oh, was it so you didn't cheat? I was wondering why  Aizawa-sensei kept using his quirk," Uraraka inquired. I confirmed her theory and got my things in order.

———————

"Now then, let's begin the practical exams," Eraser said. After some talk Nezu appeared out of nowhere. I jumped at his arrival he began going on about the practicals. As I listened a wave of relief began to wash over me.

"You'll be up against our esteemed UA teachers, isn't that just fabulous?" Nezu asked excitedly. Ok, no robots, but now teachers? What a trade off. He began listing off teams. Some expected, some I almost kicked him in the shins over.

"And after that will be Kiyoko paired up with Sero," we glanced at each other. He tilted his head back and raised his eyebrows. I copied him and we smirked at each other from a distance.

"And you'll be up against me," Midnight smiled. I felt my breathing hitch for a second. I was no longer confident in this fight.

Nezu continued to explain how to pass the exam. I took in carefully each word he said. Other teachers chimed in with details. Snipe began to explain the thought process we should have in mind when Eraser chipped in.

"In instances where you're outmatched, it would be smarter to run away and find help. Kiyoko. Todoroki. Iida. Midoriya. I'm sure the four of you understand," Eraser grumbled. I took in a sharp breath out of surprise. I went into his head.

'Who told you?'

'The chief of police. As your teacher he thought it was necessary I knew,' he replied. I pursed my lips and looked away as I felt his eyes bore into my lying soul.

Kirishima and Sato were called up to go first and I walked over to Sero. "Midnight is a phenomenal fighter, with or without her quirk. So it's not like I can just placebo her and we'll be good. With that whip she can take us both out in one fell swoop," I pointed out. He nodded his head.

"It'll be easy for her to just gas the entire arena and wait for us to pass out. So I can placebo her quirk and you can work on fighting her and I'll back you up. I'll try to focus on the placebo as hard as I can. I can do it for long periods of time as long as I focus. And if I get hit with her whip, chances are I'll lose focus. If I were to placebo her so she couldn't move well in some sort, it'll be easier for you to maybe tie her up and we can either bolt or handcuff her if we feel we can get close." I said.

Sero nodded his head. "We're not going to start out close to her. So she'll probably use her quirk right away. Maybe, the second we see the dust, we can cover our mouths and stop breathing. Then you can placebo her quirk and we can get her." I hummed.

"Better yet..." I started. "Give me some tape." I said. I held out my fingers as a description for the length I wanted. He gave me some tape and I put it over my nose and mouth. I tried to breathe in, but I began to suffocate. I ripped off the tape and took in a breath of air. "Yep, this'll work."

After strategy, we walked over to the watching room where we found Midoriya and Uraraka. We began watching the battles and I took in every decision made by all parties.

As we watched Kirishima and Sato fail the exam, I felt myself getting more anxious. Midoriya explained the pairings and recovery girl only confirmed his theory. I pursed my lips. Of course. Like I told Sero, even with her quirk gone, she can still beat us weighted and with one hand tied behind her back.