Chapter 32

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

Since the only thing Sero did was swing me twice, he ended up failing the practical exam, which kinda sucked but oh well I guess. I felt bad but Eraser revealed that everyone was going to the summer camp. Iida began going on about us losing trust in him until Eraser shut it down.

"Guys, since we don't have class tomorrow and exams are over I have the best idea!" Hagakure shouted. "Let's all go shopping together!" She shouted. Kaminari excitedly agreed.

I looked back at the list. I don't even have a swim suit. Or bug repellent. Or travel sized toiletries. Or shower shoes. Or sunscreen. Or a whistle. Or a duffle bag. I don't have quite a few things on here. I went along with the idea.

"Todoroki, are you coming?" Midoriya asked. He shook his head.

"I visit my mom on days off," he replied. I tried not to look disappointed since I knew how much that time meant to him. I texted Eraser to let him know the plan for tomorrow.

————————

Ashido gawked at the sheer size of the mall. I glanced down at my list and looked at the stores around me. A couple things I could see right away at a nearby camping store.

"Hey, Uraraka, what do you need?" I asked.

"Uh, just bug spray and a few other small things," she replied.

"Oh sick, I need bug spray too. Maybe we can go around together?" I asked. She grinned and nodded her head. Kirishima made a plan for everyone to meet back at three. And like that, everyone was gone except Uraraka and Midoriya. I glanced down at my list and went over it again as Uraraka and Midoriya chatted. Suddenly, Uraraka yelled and ran away from Midoriya. I looked up at him. He had the most helplessly confused look on his face.

"I gotta...go with her. I told her I would," I said awkwardly as I turned to run for Uraraka. I slid past people, apologizing any time I bumped into someone. I made my way to Uraraka.

"Hey man, what the hell was that?" I asked. "Are you good? Did he say something?"

She fanned her face which was clearly red. "No no. It's not that. I just got...flustered, that's all. I shouldn't run away like that though," she replied.

"Flustered? Why?" I asked. Her face got even more red and she covered it with her hands.

"It's nothing! Ah! It's just...I'm just feeling stirred up is all!" She said. I looked at her.

'Please don't read me please don't read me please don't read me please don't read me'

"I won't read you," I assured her. "But, why are you acting so weird?" I asked. She sighed and leaned against the railing.

"Aoyama said something during the exams that messed with my head a little. I don't wanna say what he said but now I feel like I can't look at Deku the same way," she sighed.

Did Aoyama say something rude? I leaned on the railing with her. I put my arm around her and she leaned on me. I've seen Momo do this enough with Jiro to know it's comforting. "I get that. Sometimes things people say can really get to you. But I think you should ask Midoriya if whatever Aoyama said was true before you let something he said ruin a friendship," I replied. She scoffed and giggled.

"No no, it's not like that. He said something that confused me. I guess you just didn't grow up with this kinda stuff, so you're kinda clueless," she sighed.

"Uraraka, what are you not telling me?" I asked, starting to get concerned I was missing a huge social concept.

"No, I really think it's better you learn on your own," she said smiling at me.