Chapter 18

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

An out of body experience. That's what they call it.

All I could see was Shigaraki stabbing me at the USJ from different angles. An out of body experience. Even from his point of view. I looked as my expression went from anger, to shock, to pain, right as I fell to the ground. How I got this information remains a mystery to me. All I know is that I've seen the stab at least 100 times now.

Momma, is this what you went through? Is this how you felt?

The routine finally ended when my eyes slowly opened. I saw a window giving me a nice view of the deep purple sky with the smallest hints of red here and there. I turned to get a good idea of my surroundings. Jiro sat fast asleep in the windowsill with Momo right next to her, also asleep. Midoriya was asleep with his head resting against the bed along with Kirishima and Uraraka. I smiled and rested my head back down.

"I got nervous once you didn't squeeze my hand back," a smooth voice said. I turned to my right to see Todoroki sitting in a chair, right up against my head. I'm surprised I didn't see him.

"When we were at the USJ. I don't know if you remember, but you were on the ground. I grabbed your hand and I said 'squeeze my hand if you understand me' and you just looked at me with the blankest stare. It was really nerve racking," he explained.

"I couldn't hear you. I saw you, barely, but I couldn't hear you," I replied.

"You're smart, keeping first aid things on you. I'll have to use that in the future. How are you feeling?"

"Oh, kinda like I got stabbed. But for real it's not that bad. Just kinda hurts," I thought about what happened. More memories of the attack came back to me. All Might, Eraser, Shigaraki, Midoriya, all of it began to flood back. I became wide eyed. "What are they saying about me?"

"Huh?" Todoroki questioned.

"Our class. They know I'm a Misaki. What are they saying now?" I clarified.

"Well," Todoroki said hesitantly. "A couple of them, not naming names, were not too thrilled to say the least. They were scared and confused. They were misinformed and we got the record set straight, with the help of Midoriya. It may take a week or two, but everything will be fine."

I took a deep breath and sighed. "I feel like an idiot," I mumbled. Todoroki sat up a little bit more straight and raised an eyebrow. "I thought that after Eraser took me in I could leave it all behind me. But time and time again I prove myself wrong. Whether it's attacking someone or being ostracized it always comes back to haunt me."

"You were hurt, right?" Todoroki asked. I turned to him and got up on my elbows. I winced in pain. He laid me back down. "Whoever hurt you doesn't define you, right?" I pursed my lips. I didn't appreciate him using my words against me every other interaction. I nodded my head.

"I'm curious, how did you meet Aizawa sensei?" Todoroki asked. I smirked and rolled my eyes.

"It's a whole thing. Wanna hear?" I asked. He nodded his head.

————————

"And then after I got out of the hospital, I went shopping with Midnight. That's actually how I met Jiro, I pinned her because she bumped into me. I just got kinda scared and taken aback and my instincts got the best of me. And then we went to Eraser's, or I guess, my place. It's still weird for me, being in the open. I have a really hard time talking to people I don't know well since all my life interactions with people have been scripted or straight up rude," I explained.

"Well, I'm really happy to see you out of that situation. And if I can ask, the one villain said something about your 'greatest achievement'. What was he talking about?" Todoroki asked. Hearing that question felt like a punch in the gut. The lingering of my past sins followed me everywhere and hurt me over and over again. I felt my demons ripping me apart in my core each passing day. I can never let them know.