Chapter 16

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

"Today's training will be a little different," Eraser began. "You'll have three instructors. Me, All Might and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you."

Everyone murmured among themselves before Eraser interjected again. "This is rescue training. You'll be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks, stuff like that." Everyone started talking again, getting excited in their own little ways. Eraser explained the rest of it. And everyone got up to get the outfit of their choice. I grabbed my hero costume and got changed with the rest of the girls. We all got outside to the bus and started chatting.

Iida exclaimed about getting into rows to get on the bus or something. I really wasn't listening, I was too busy looking for Eraser. I started feeling nervous again. I looked in every direction until I saw him. I ran up to him.

"Excuse me Aizawa sensei," I said, still not liking the formality. He looked at me waiting for me to continue. "I...uh....don't... I'm feeling kinda nervous heading somewhere far on the outskirts of campus." I looked at him, hoping he'd catch my drift.

"There's no reason to worry. The security there is just as high as the security anywhere else at UA. The three of us will be there at all times. We will do everything in our power to make sure every student is safe," he replied.

'It's ok Kiyoko, you'll be fine. We're all there to protect you and everyone else in your class,'

"Thank you sir," I smiled. I hopped onto the bus and took a seat next to Midoriya. I sat down and saw Todoroki sitting alone.

"Hey Midoriya, I'll be right back," I said. He nodded and I made my way over to Todoroki. I sat down in the seat next to him. He glanced in my direction, but didn't say anything.

"Hey, I just wanted to say thanks...for yesterday. I just kinda panicked," I muttered, rubbing my neck.

"I could see that," he said. "Don't worry about it. Heroes are supposed to help others," he said. I looked at him. His mind was completely blank.

"How did you know? I mean, me standing there like an idiot was a giveaway but it felt like you knew on more than a surface level," I said.

He stayed silent for a bit. "Don't worry about it," he said after a while. We sat in silence for a couple more seconds.

"Thanks again. And hey if you're ever feeling...bad... I'm here for you too. Heroes are supposed to help others. Friends are supposed to help each other," I smiled. He looked up at me, a little surprised, but didn't say anything. I went and sat back down next to Midoriya.

The bus spurred up and Iida already looked very distraught over his failure to get everyone on the bus organized. Everyone started talking.

"If we're pointing out the obvious," Tsu started. "There's something I want to say...about you actually." She turned to Midoriya.

Midoriya looked taken aback. "That power of yours, isn't it a lot like All Might's?" She asked.

"What really? You think so huh? I guess I really never thought about that," he stammered his way through the sentence.

"You're forgetting All Might doesn't hurt himself, that makes a huge difference," Kirishima remarked. Midoriya sighed. I feel like this isn't something he'd want to talk about aloud, but I really want to know.

'Yknow, when we first met, you told me you were quirkless. You weren't lying when you said it, or at least you believed it. So what's up?'

Midoriya turned to me wide eyed. 'oh it's just uh, I guess I was kinda a late bloomer'