Chapter 26

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

"You're Aizawa right? You did great in the sports festival!"
"Wow third place. That's impressive!"
"You took down the second place kid like it was nothing a couple times!"
"You're a great fighter!"

Every time I backed away slowly with the same response. "Uh, thank you so much, I gotta run though, don't want to be late!" I said. I jogged away nervous and embarrassed. I really didn't like all the attention I got from the festival and I was nervous people would relate my quirk back to my father's.

I vigorously shook my umbrella and put it with the rest of the umbrellas in the box. I walked into class and heard everyone talking about similar situations. It was as if we were celebrities. We all continued to talk until Eraser walked in. It was so relieving to see him without those bandages on.

"Good morning class," he muttered.

"Good morning Aizawa sensei," the class returned in unison.

"We have a big class today on hero in informatics. You need codenames. Time to pick your hero identities," he said. The class started getting excited. Eraser erased our quirks to get our attention. He continued to explain drafts. He put up the totals for people who got offers.

I scanned the list looking for my name. I was surprised. 154 offers. It was nothing compared to Todoroki's 4,123, but it was more than I expected, especially not having a flashy quirk. He explained that we will all be interning.

"Take these hero names seriously or-"

"You'll have hell to pay later!" Midnight shouted, cutting off Eraser. "What you pick today could be your codename for life. So be careful, or you could be stuck with something utterly indecent."

Kaminari and Sero gawked at Midnight. I placeboed a flick to the nose, both their heads went up in surprise and pain. I went into their heads.

'Be respectful,' I reprimanded.

Eraser explained the severity of choosing a name. We all nodded in understanding as we took a board. I stared at it blankly. I forgot about this part. Unlike everyone else here, I never though of a hero name before now. I never needed to. I thought back to Shinsou.

A quirk that's 'better suited for a villain'. I slumped back in my chair a bit. I watched as people went up with clever names, cute names, ...interesting names. I studied the blank board in front of me. Todoroki walked up with his board. He set it up.

"Shoto," he said. Hm. It's simple but not surprising for him. He looked at me and I smiled with a thumbs up. He went and sat down.

"Choosing names is going faster than I thought it would. All we have left is Bakugou, Iida, and Kiyoko. Oh and Midoriya too," she announced.

Midoriya went up and flipped over his board. I was taken aback like everyone else in the class. He explained it with a smile on his face. I smiled. "Deku," I said. "I like it."

I returned to my board. I think I have something neutral enough. I wrote it down and stood in front of the class. I got nervous. I slowly turned around my board hoping I wouldn't get yelled at for my past or my name.

"Psyche," I mumbled. There was a bit of silence. I looked down.

"I like it!" I looked up. Kaminari smiled at me. I exhaled a sigh of relief as Midnight gave approval. I went and sat back down.

Eraser handed out lists and I looked at my offers. Rescuing could be an option for me, but comforting and my quirk wouldn't be the best for that. First aid is the only thing I would really know. I don't know how I would feel about patrolling often. I might do it from time to time, but I would rather stick more to the shadows. If I'm well known, there's just a better chance of people finding out about my past. I still want to help people though. I need to right the wrongs I made. And I want to help people like Eraser helped me. I scanned over the lists. My eyes widened as a name took me by surprise.