Chapter 12

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

I looked at the giant UA arch in front of me. I've walked through here a hundred times with Eraser. But now it feels different. It feels...official. Eraser tapped me on the shoulder, causing me to jump.

"The entrance exam is inside, you know," Eraser said.

"Yeah, I know," I muttered. He ushered me to follow him and he took me to a common area outside.

"I'm going to go in with the other judges and watch from there . Stay out here. We're a half hour early so people should start showing up soon." I nodded my head. I took a seat on the edge of a wall and waited. The first to show up was a tall boy with blue hair. I smiled at him from the wall. He power walked over to me and snapped out out his hand.

"Good afternoon, it is nice to meet you. My name is Iida Tenya. I look forward to competing with you." He said, almost as if he prepared on the way here. I shook his hand in return.

"Hi, I'm Aizawa Kiyoko. But you can just call me Kiyoko," I replied with a smile. We had a little bit of small talk until more people showed up and he ran to greet them. After a larger crowd had shown up I saw a bit of a familiar face. I walked around the crowd to go greet her.

"Jiro?" I asked. She turned around.

"Hey Kiyoko! Long time no see. What's up?" She asked smiling.

"Not much. I didn't know you were interested in being a hero. Honestly, with your quirk, I think you'd be an awesome hero," I said.

"Thanks, I didn't know you wanted to be a hero either, but it'd definitely suit you. You got the strength," she replied.

"Yeah, but I'm still nervous for the physical portion of the exam. It's not suited for me," I said. She cocked her head. "I heard that it was all robots and you just have to immobilize them." I elaborated. She nodded her head.

"Yeah, the does sound like it might be an issue. But you're smart. I think you can mess with the system and get some points." She remarked. I thought about what Mic though about in the restaurant. It was obvious there was something they weren't telling me, but trying very hard not to focus on it. I looked around at everyone. I thought about the city simulation. Why would the test only focus on one aspect of being a hero? If the test was always like this, how did Eraser make it though?

My eyes lit up. I knew exactly what I had to do. I didn't have to play the system, I just needed to read it.

————————

"There are no countdowns in real battles! Run!" Mic shouted.

Everyone took off. I ran along to keep up, following the largest group. We came across a hoard of robots and everyone went to jump into action. The robots took on kids blatantly outnumbering them. I picked up a large rod of metal from a broken robot and ran up to a 3 point bot. I took off my belt and used it to help me swing up to the robot. I lifted the rod above my head and with all my strength slammed it into the robot. I put on a rubber glove and reached into the robot, yanking on any and every wire I could reach. The robot creaked to a stop. I hopped up and slid down. I ran towards Jiro, who had each ear plugged into either robot, causing them to malfunction. I watched as a third 3 point bot began to shoot at her.

"Jiro!" I yelled. I sprinted towards her and tackled her out of harms way. I felt a little bit of pain near my ankle. I got off of Jiro and glanced at my leg. My shoe was charred and the left side of my pants were lightly singed. I did my usual routine with the robot. Jiro nodded at me as we parted ways. As she parted, I felt it in my core, this is what was the test was. I ran up to others and began assisting and taking down bots.