Chapter 11

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

I walked out of my room from all the commotion being made outside. I turned the corner to see my dad screaming at my mom.

"You stupid bitch!"

"Shut up! Shut up! Don't you dare call me that! You don't know what it's like raising a child! She doesn't deserve this life. We chose to live like this! She didn't!"

"She has my blood running through her! She will surpass me in power and wits! She might have already if you hadn't poisoned her mind!"

"I'm just doing what's best for her! She can't live here anymore!"

"Shut your mouth bitch! She's not going anywhere!"

"Mommy?" I revealed myself from around the corner.

They both looked at me. My dad scowled and picked up a knife. "Watch closely Kiyoko, this is what happens to traitors."

He walked up to me and held the blade close to my face.

"I want you to remember this"

———————

"NO!" I screamed. I bolted up and I heard something hit the floor. The black and white cat slid under the bed.

I felt my heart pound. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I choked as I tried to take in deep breaths. My eyes began to sting a little as I continued to choke on my breaths and shake.

I heard my door creak open a little. Eraser's silhouette appeared in the door. "Kiyoko?"

I didn't reply. I gave into the stinging in my eyes and started crying. I felt my throat ache with each choked breath and I felt my core quake. Eraser came and sat down next to me. He put an arm around me and I leaned on him while sobbing. I hiccuped between sobs and clung onto him.

"It's okay, you're safe, everyone is safe," Eraser whispered.

After a while my breathing began to steady and I wiped away my tears. I held my limbs close to my body as I continued to shake.

"I-I had a nightmare...about my mom," I muttered. Eraser set a hand on my back. "The night she died. It sounded like she was trying to get me out of the base. But then my father found out and got really mad. He threatened to hurt her. He...he killed her. Right in front of me."

"Kiyoko...I'm so sorry," Eraser softly said. I leaned more against his arm.

"My mom is the only person in this world who had ever loved me. And she was ripped away from me. Brutally. I miss her so much," I sobbed. Eraser hugged me tight as I sobbed violently. I hiccuped and cried for ten more minutes. After pouring my soul onto the ground, I took some deep breaths and tried to steady my being.

"Is there anything else I can do to help you? Or make you feel better?" Eraser asked.

"No, not really. I just need to get some sleep," I replied softly. Eraser nodded his head and gave me one last hug. He made his way to the door.

"Hey Eraser?" I said.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"What are the cat's names?"

"Well, the black and white one is Atticus. And the gray tabby is Princess." He mumbled.

I chuckled a little. "Princess? Really? Pro hero: Eraserhead has a kitty named Princess?"

"Hizashi picked out the name and I just went along since I had no other name in mind," he defended. I continued to laugh. He exhaled out of his nose and sighed.