Chapter 46

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

My phone lit up and dinged. I glanced at it. A message from Mic.

Mic: I'm so proud!!! I knew you could do it <3

I smiled at my phone. I set it down and sat on my bed. There was a familiar rhythmic knock on my door. I got up and opened it to see Shoto.

"I assume you know why I'm here," he said. I opened the door a little more for him to come in. He walked in and sat on my bed. I closed the door and sat across from him. He looked at me, and then down at him lap.

"He said that when he was younger, he had an encounter with my old man. That he had a look of hatred in his eyes. Like he had a burning hatred for everything in the world. I saw him during the entrance exam for the school. And I was so bitter because I had that same burning hatred for him. I barely even thought about the exam. All I could think about was him. I feel horrible," he muttered. I took in everything he said. "I need to accept the fact that sooner or later, he is my father."

I moved closer to him and took his hand. He looked up at me. "You are related to him. There's no getting around that. And yeah, it's hard. It sucks because you know you have their blood running through your veins," I mumbled. He looked away from me and pursed his lips. "But..." his eyes widened a little, I could tell he was all ears.

"...that doesn't mean that you are him. For the longest time, I couldn't come to terms with the fact that Misaki was my father. I hated him, and I let my fear and hatred consume my every action. I did bad things. I continued to do bad things. That was until I met a boy who was just like me. Struggling with his past and who he was. But he helped me to realize just because I carry his blood, does not mean I carry his soul." Shoto looked at me intensely, taking into consideration every word I said.

"The boy in front of me may be the son of Endeavor, but he is most certainly not Endeavor. The boy in front of me is considerate, kind, sweet, lovely, funny, beautiful, and most of all..." I took my hand and caressed his face. I smiled as I felt the warmth of his left hand in mine. "Shoto."

He looked at our hands in deep contemplation as I continued. "You may have made some mistakes in the past, but that's okay. You deserve to be forgiven because you have made an effort to change," I reminded him. He took a deep breath and sighed. He gave me the most beautiful smile one could imagine. He pulled me towards him and hugged me tight. He buried his face into my shoulder and sighed. I played with his hair and leaned into his embrace.

We let each other out of the hug. I looked into his eyes. The turquoise and gray eyes that belonged to Shoto and only Shoto. I held my arms around his neck as he kept his on my waist. I leaned down and kissed him gently. He held me close and I felt the warmth of his presence. Right here, right now, I couldn't imagine any way I could be any happier. We broke apart and looked at each other once more. He pulled my head towards him and kissed me on the forehead.

He laid down and pulled me close to him. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt the slight rise and fall of his chest. I giggled.

"Shoto, I don't think you're allowed to sleep in here," I mumbled. He pulled me closer and squeezed me tight. I laughed even more.

"I won't, but just let me hold onto you for a few more minutes," he mumbled back. I wrapped my arm around him and squeezed him in return.

"Alright,"

————————

I shot up. I could have sworn I heard Eraser yelling. Shoto also shot up at my sudden movement. He looked around frantically. He groaned and rubbed his eyes. I put a hand over his mouth and concentrated. I couldn't make out exactly what they were saying, but Eraser was most definitely yelling.