Chapter 39

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

I hate it when he's right.

The populous began to make comments and turn on the heroes, just as Eraser predicted. I bit my lip watching everyone become more angry at the second. I growled and took a step forward. I felt someone grab my shoulder. I turned and saw Todoroki shaking his head.

'If you defend them, our cover is blown. We can forget about helping Bakugou,'

I rolled my eyes and took a step back to the rest of the group. I pursed my lips and squeezed my fists and glared down every person who dared to make a comment. Why can't they see the big picture? Why can't they just think level headed.

"Let's go," Momo said abruptly. We all followed her gps and ran over the plan again. I stayed silent, listening to what they said. Memorizing everything, finding holes and pointing them out. I was as skeptical as possible. I tried my hardest to make this plan foolproof. I didn't want to use my plan, but I will if I need to. We this behind a corner. Momo glanced at the building. "This is it."

I looked at the building. "The hell? This is their new base? It's so out in the open and traceable. Why would they..." I trailed off, thinking about the Nomus. They planned to make 10 betas, and move on to making as many more as possible if all went as planned. I thought long and hard about everything when it dawned on me.

"Shit! Fuck! Damnit!" I whisper yelled. I slammed my fist into the concrete wall. Everyone looked at me as I slammed it again. And again. And again. Soon They began to restrain me. I tensed up, realizing how stupid I was for not thinking about it. "The League planned to make a lot of Nomus. That's not their base, that's just where they keep them. He's not there. God I'm an idiot."

"Hey, hey, it's alright Kiyoko. We're going to find him, it's just a set back," Kirishima said, stroking me lightly on the back. "We'll just take some time to regroup."

I squeezed my eyes shut, refusing to cry over my own stupidity. My arms shook as I tensed them up. I looked at my knuckles. They're not bleeding, but one more hit and they might have been. They throbbed a little as I squeezed my fist. Todoroki grazed his right hand over my knuckles and I sighed as I felt the cold relieve me of some pain.

"If they continued with their original plan, there should be all Nomus in there. Held in little individual tanks. They wouldn't hold Bakugou here. They'd keep him around them. But I have no idea where that could be," I muttered.

Kirishima pulled out a pair of binoculars. "Well, wouldn't hurt to look," Kirishima said. I looked at the binoculars that looked rather expensive. I didn't have the heart to tell him it could in fact, hurt to look. But I just nodded my head and followed his lead. We snuck through a narrow corridor. Midoriya got up on Todoroki's shoulders and Kirishima on Iida's. Momo and I watched for anyone and in case either of them fell. Kirishima gasped and stumbled. He handed the binoculars to Midoriya who did the same.

"You were right. Nomu," Midoriya whispered. We heard a creaking noise. A car slowly drifted into the air. We all glanced at each other.

"Mt. Lady?" Kirishima asked. Suddenly the truck came down and a giant wind gust blew threw the alley. I stumbled but got ready to catch Midoriya if he fell. After more violent wind Midoriya came down. I gasped and grabbed him. I buckled my knees and fell rolling on my back to break the fall as much as I could. After it stopped, I let go of Midoriya and groaned. Todoroki and Iida hoisted up Momo and Kirishima. The pros were here. I gave a sigh of relief.

"They've got a hold of everything. Let's go," Iida sighed. We all began to walk away. I felt a shiver down my spine. This felt too easy. There was something wrong. I heard Midoriya stop behind me. Todoroki turned to him along with me.