Chapter One

The pain, the blood, and the fire were just a few things I saw and remembered. I also saw my best friend die in that crash. Everything was too much, and I sat up from bed screaming. I looked at the time. Three in the morning, I sighed, and got out of bed. I changed into my gym clothes and grabbed my keys. I jumped in my jeep and hit the road. I was starting to get used to sleepless nights.

Jeremy’s P.O.V

“What do you mean, training?”

The producer sighed.

“In order to pull off this military role, we want you to train with a special-forces officer for six weeks. It’s a tough training but it will be worth it in the end.”

“Alright I guess I can deal with that. Where and when?”

He handed me a piece of paper.

“Here is the address to the estate, when you get to the gate, ask for Rowan.”

“Rowan, is the soldier?”

“Yes, and one of the army’s finest.”

“Alright, I’ll head over there after I go get some things at my house.”

“Good, and I wish you the best of luck.”

“Thanks.”

I left the producers office and headed back to my house to pick up everything I would need for the next six weeks.

Rowan’s P.O.V

It was ten o’clock that same morning when my new trainee would arrive. I was working freelance for movie studios training their stars to pull off hard military roles. I was standing on my porch with my German shepherd Apollo next to me. I saw a car pull in the gate and watched it pull up to the front of the house and the man that stepped out was none other than Jeremy Lee Renner.

Jeremy’s P.O.V

As I got out of the car, I noticed a woman in her late twenties to early thirties standing on the front porch. I grabbed my bags and walked up onto the front porch and smiled at her.

“I’m Jeremy Renner. I’m looking for a Rowan Cullen. My producer said I was to meet him here.”

She nodded.

“Come on in the house, and we can get started.”

I followed her into the house and set my bags down where she motioned for me to. She stood in front of me and extended her hand with a small smile.

“I’m Rowan Cullen. Welcome to my home.”

I shook her hand but stood there stunned.

“You’re Rowan?”

She chuckled.

“Yes I am. I get this reaction a lot. And yes I am the delta team sniper.”

“If you don’t mind my asking, what is your rank?”

“Captain.”

She picked up my bag and dumped it out on the table. She took out the clothes, and set them in a pile then took out all the things I was used to having with me.

Rowan’s P.O.V

“What are you doing?”

“You are at boot camp basically. And you are going to have to live without the same things I did. No phone and no outside contact for the first three weeks, then we can work on things. There also will be no TV for the first two weeks, but you can have it after a week if you meet my standards.”